We’ve showed you a few anti-texing while driving apps like Sprint’s Drive First and PhoneGuard. AT&T also has a solution called DriveMode, which like the others, can disable incoming calls and text messages while driving and even send auto-text replies to let people know you’re currently driving. The app is available for free in the Android Market for AT&T customers. Download links are right after the break as well as how the app works with a video. Texting and driving is absolutely a bad idea, so take advantage of this free app to help you keep your phone out of your hands while driving.
HOW THE APP WORKS:
- Once downloaded, customers can manually enable the app prior to driving, activating the auto-reply feature.
The app also provides the option to send calls directly to voicemail, and to send an auto-reply to incoming emails. When the app is turned off, user can view the calls, messages and e-mails as they normally would.
AT&T DriveMode also offers additional safety and convenience features, including:
- The “Allow List” lets users select up to five contact numbers – such as roadside assistance and family members – to send and receive calls while the app is running.
- 911 is always accessible with just a touch of a button, regardless of whether the app is turned on.
- Music and Navigation settings allow one music and one navigation app to run while AT&T DriveMode is enabled.
- By downloading the app, customers are also automatically taking AT&T’s “It Can Wait” pledge, joining the thousands who have made the commitment to not text while driving.
- For more information and downloadable educational tools related to AT&T’s “It Can Wait” campaign, please visit: www.att.com/textingcanwait.