It goes without saying that there are quite a number of people out there that have iTunes. A number of these people have a large music library. A number of those people have a Motorola Droid. Luckily, it is possible to sync the two together so that the Motorola Droid can hold some of the songs from the iTunes library.
A piece of software known as the “iTunes Agent” is necessary for syncing a Motorola Droid and iTunes. This particular bit of software can only be done on Windows based operating systems, such as XP, Vista or 7. However, for those with a Mac, another program by the name of “iTuneMyWalkman” can achieve the same results.
Syncing iTunes and the Motorola Droid
Assuming iTunes is installed on the current computer and a library of music already exists, proceed on with the instructions.
- Download and install the iTunes Agent program.
- After it is installed, the application should run in the background and be indicated by the tray on the bottom by the clock.
- Connect the Motorola Droid to the computer using a USB cord and mount it.
- Proceed to create a folder labeled “Music” or anything that is desired.
- Right click the icon in the tray to open the iTunes Agent program and proceed to click Preferences.
- Do not touch anything in the settings and instead click New.
- Give the device any name desired. For the purposes of the guide, the device will be simply named DROID.
- The “synchronize to” option should remain set to iTunes.
- Proceed by clicking the Choose button and then the Music folder created on the DROID.
- Then click the Create button, followed by the Music folder created on the DROID.
- Click Save, then Close.
Launch iTunes, upon which a playlist folder should be listed, called My Devices. Under this should be the name DROID. Simply by dragging any song from the main library over to the DROID playlist, the song will be synchronized to the Motorola Droid.
Lastly, after setting up the playlist, simply right click the iTunes tray icon and choose to Synchronize Devices, upon which the Motorola Droid will have its own playlist of iTunes music.