Motorola has added the iPhone 4S and iCloud to a legal battle going on in the Sunshine State of Florida. This battle is not a new one but rather just an add on to an existing case already in the system. However this one now adds the iPhone 4S and iCloud to the list of infringements that Motorola claims Apple committed.
Motorola claims six patents have been infringed upon by Apple, They are as follows;
U.S. Patent No. 5,710,987 on a “receiver having concealed external antenna”
- U.S. Patent No. 5,754,119 on a “multiple pager status synchronization system and method”; Motorola is asserting the European equivalent of this patent against Apple in Mannheim, with a decision scheduled for Friday of next week (February 3, 2012)
- U.S. Patent No. 5,958,006 on a “method and apparatus for communicating summarized data”
- U.S. Patent No. 6,101,531 on a “system for communicating user-selected criteria filter prepared at wireless client to communication server for filtering data transferred from host to said wireless client”
- U.S. Patent No. 6,008,737 on an “apparatus for controlling utilization of software added to a portable communication device”
- U.S. Patent No. 6,377,161 on a “method and apparatus in a wireless messaging system for facilitating an exchange of address information”