Miss anything from Google I/O 2017? Fear not. We compiled a list of everything that happened.
- Android now has 2 billion active devices
- Android O coming with picture-in-picture mode, app autofill, and notification dots
- Android O beta is going up today for Pixel devices, Nexus 5X, and Nexus 6P
- Google announces Android Go to enhance Android performance on entry-level phones
- Those 2 billion Android devices installed 82 billion apps in the last 12 months
- RIP Google’s weird blob emoji
- Google Home powering up with hands-free calling, Spotify integration, and more
- Google Assistant SDK opens up the AI to anyone and everything
- Google Assistant launches on iOS
- Actions on Google expanding beyond Google Home to Android and iOS
- Google announces new standalone VR headsets, WorldSense platform
- Samsung Galaxy S8, new LG phone to get Daydream support
- Google Lens brings machine learning to your smartphone camera
- Google Photos celebrates 500 million users with new features
- Smart Reply being added to Gmail on Android and iOS
- YouTube bringing 360-degree video to your TV and a new Super Chat API
- Google accidentally teased a new Pixel Launcher at I/O 2017
- Because of Verizon, the Tango-ready ASUS ZenFone AR is a carrier exclusive in the U.S.
- Google Play Protect is the new public-facing security package for Android
- Google hoping new features from Google Payment API make purchases even easier
- NOISE on Android from ROLI revealed at Google I/O 2017
- G Suite gets more customization tools including new App Maker
If you have any questions about the event, let us know! There’s a lot we didn’t include for brevity. You can tweet me directly and I’ll respond to anything that stood out to you from Google I/O 2017.