LG’s latest flagship device, the Optimus G, is all set to land on TELUS come November the 13th. While pricing has yet to be released, you can expect it to be around the $200 range on contract similar to its American counterpart. The reviews of the Optimus G have been outstanding and I have no doubts that this device will be a good one. Sadly, LG just doesn’t have a great reputation when it comes to updates and taking care of their customers.
Also keep in mind that the Optimus G will indeed come with a fully locked bootloader. If you’re a rooter and modder, that may be something you keep an eye on. Other than that I see no other reason not to get this device if you’re in the market for a high end Android phone. Here’s what you can expect with the Optimus G:
- Chipset: 1.5 GHz Quad-core Krait CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon™ S4 Pro processor
- Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Network: 2G / 3G / LTE
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPSPLUS (1280 x 768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
- Memory: 32GB
- RAM: 2GB DDR
- Camera: 13.0MP or 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
- Battery: 2,100mAh (570Wh/L) / Talk time: 15 hours / Standby: 335 hours
- Size: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm
- Weight: 145g
- Other: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL and DLNA, NFC
Any TELUS customers waiting for this device?