A couple of days after Google launched the new Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel Slate, and the new Home Hub; the search giant has begun rolling out an update to its Home app that brings a new design and a focus on smart controls for smart home devices. Join us after the break for more details on the new features as well as the download link.
Besides the material redesign, the updated Home app brings the ability to control your compatible smart devices from outside the home as well as the following features:
- All devices in one view: You can control everything without having to open up each device’s proprietary app. The Home app supports more than 10,000 connected devices which means you can control your speakers, lights, cameras, blinds, heating and more by using Google Assistant.
- Quick actions to get things done: The updated Home app automatically generates quick actions for essential features across your home giving you immediate access to key functions such as turning your lights on and off or viewing your security camera.
- Check in from anywhere: You can now control your connected smart devices via the Home app even when you are away from home, so you can turn the lights and heating on for when you get home.
- Access for everyone in your home: Everyone in the household can control the smart devices in your home so long as they have the Home app installed on their device. Another new feature is the ability to manage your parents’ home or help that cousin who’s having trouble setting up their smart home.
- Access the Google Assistant right in the app: You can tap the mic icon in the Home app to access the Google Assistant directly and control the connected smart devices.
Version 22.214.171.124 of the updated Home app is slowly rolling out to everyone, but if you just can’t wait you can download the latest build directly from APK Mirror by clicking the link below.
Download it Here: APK Mirror