The HTC Hero supports a wide range of file types which gives you the ability to upload music, photos and documents to take with you on the go. Transferring files from your computer to your phone can be accomplished in two easy ways.
Using the USB Cable
Connecting your phone directly to your computer using the USB cable is a simple and effect way to get files onto your phone. Please note that the memory card must be in the phone in order for this method to work properly. Additionally, some phone features will be unavailable during the download process and you will not be able to access the files until you disconnect the phone from your computer.
1. Turn on your phone and use the USB cable to plug it into a compatible port on your computer.
2. An icon alerting you to the connection will show up next to the status bar.
3. Using your finger, open the Notifications panel and tap the option for USB Connected. Then tap Mount.
4. Find the HTC Hero device folder on your computer and transfer the files you want on your phone’s storage card.
5. Disconnect and enjoy!
Using the Memory Card
An alternative to using the USB cable is to insert the microSD memory card that comes with your phone directly into your computer. Most modern day computers have memory card readers installed that allows you to view, add and delete files on a compatible card.
1. Insert the memory card into your computer.
2. Some computers will automatically read the card and pop up an option for you to view the files. If your computer does not do this, then navigate to “My Computer”. Double click on the drive letter associated with the memory card reader. This will open the folder for the card.
3. Drag and drop the files you want to transfer to the HTC Hero. When you are finished, close the memory card file.
4. Transfer the memory card to your phone and select the options to access content from the memory card. Enjoy!
Although the HTC Hero is a Bluetooth enabled phone, at this time it does not support transferring files using the wireless device.