Just like apps, Google Play app needs to be updated every now and then. It’s so that Google can give its digital store new features, stability improvements, and a visual changes. We’re going to help you check and update your Google Play app if there’s anything available. Because, like you, we love getting app updates.
Hit the break for instructions.
1. Unlock your phone, swipe through your home screen or app drawer and find the Google Play app. It’s the little shopping bag with a colorful logo on it. Open the app.
2. Now that you’re in the app we’re checking to update, swipe from left to right on your device’s display. The slide-out menu will appear. As an alternative, you can hit the slide-menu’s dedicated button which is to the left of “Google Play” in the app’s search bar.
3. Scroll down a bit and find Settings. Select that.
4. Head down to the bottom of the settings screen until you reach the About section. It’s where you’ll spot the Play Store version on your device. To check if it’s updated or not, tap anywhere on Play Store version.
5. If not update is available, the Google Play app will let you know what “Google Play Store is up to date.” But, if there’s an update to be download then it will begin immediately.
Going through all of these steps will ensure that your phone or tablet running Android features the latest version of the Play Store in the Google Play app.