When writing reviews about anything on Talk Android I always try my best to sound somewhat intelligent and as knowledgeable as possible in what I’m covering. To do that I try to use technical and detailed terminology. However, when playing Lane Splitter for Android, all I could muster up was “fricking awesome”. I’m not sure if it was the dual core CPU on my T-Mobile G2X or what, but game play was smooth and steady during testing. This game is extremely fun and will have you reaching for it every free second you get.
As Jake Melton, a sport bike rider in a tux, you’ll have to do your best to avoid wrecking in an attempt to make it to your wedding on time and in one piece. Long press the screen or just quickly tap to snag a boost and wheelie forward in rapid speed bypassing crazy drivers just inching to plow you into the wall. The game is both fast paced and extremely addicting. I dare you to try it! Head on over to the Android Market for the download and hit the break for more info from the developer. You can also check out some more screen shots and a quick demo for your viewing enjoyment. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
From The Developer:
Lane Splitter is a fast-paced arcade action game where your reflexes will mean the difference between either surviving or crashing in spectacular fashion!
Ride your sport bike at insane speeds through ever changing traffic. Keep an eye out for careless drivers and avoid vehicle blind spots. Easy to learn but hard to master. Do you have what it takes to reach “TOP SPEED”?
* Ridiculously addictive gameplay
* Simple and streamlined game design reminiscent of old school arcade games
* Beautifully rendered 3D environments that change every day you play
* Global leaderboards
* Facebook integration: compete with your friends for top score and post brags to your wall
* Awesome realistic sound effects recorded from a real sport bike!
HOW TO PLAY
– Tilt the phone to steer left and right
– Stay away from cars and walls
– Hang on for dear life!
– Tap and hold the screen to do wheelies (the longer you hold it, the more bonus points you get for each car passed)
– Pick up “Lane Splitter” bonuses by navigating your way in between cars during heavy traffic areas
– Compete for best wheelie times with your friends and the world by viewing the “Longest Wheelie” score boards from the main menu