OnePlus 5 and 5T owners enrolled in the Open Beta program have already seen one software update roll out to their devices in January, but it seems that OnePlus isn’t quite finished for the month because a second firmware update is rolling out as we speak that both gives and takes away. Join us after the break for the changelog.
Open Beta’s 5 and 3 are rolling out to the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T respectively, and include the usual general bug fixes and improvements as well as the following changes:
- Added pick-up gesture switcher – Ability to choose which way you slide (up or down) to pick up a call
- Removed Clipboard function (due to feedback)
- Applied CPU security patch: CVE-2017-13218 (More details here)
- OnePlus 5T only: Added new Navigation gestures that can be enabled by going to Settings and disabling the Navigation bar
- Added SMS categorization (resorts SMS messages into categories)
If you’ve already enrolled your OnePlus 5 or 5T on to the Open Beta program, the Open Beta 5/3 software update will appear as an OTA. If you are a little impatient and are already enrolled, you can download the Open Beta 5 and Open Beta 3 builds to flash manually. Finally, if you would like to enroll your eligible handset on to the Open Beta, you’ll need to refer to the flashing instructions here: http://downloads.oneplus.net/.