NVIDIA is back on their blog today about their new Tegra 4 chips, this time with information about games primed for Tegra powered devices. Games are a great way to show off the computing power of a new chip as NVIDIA demonstrates in a couple videos from Zombie Driver and RU Golf. With more computing power, graphics can display better textures and more polygons, making for smoother results. The new Tegra 4 chip will also let game developers take advantage of features like dynamic lighting to create accurate shadows.
Along with the enhancements, NVIDIA also released some information about five games that will be released soon specifically targeted at Tegra-powered devices, including:
- Burn Zombie Burn from Tick Tock Games, your typical zombie-fighting console game;
- Carie: Blood Mansion from Neowiz will include an exclusive map for Tegra device users in this action adventure game. Tegra device owners will also be able to enjoy high-res textures, enhanced physics simulations and optimized fire and smoke effects;
- RPG CODEX: The Warrior from Devclan and Playbean is an action/fighting title in which the player is battling a variety of monsters. The title will take advantage of real-time dynamic shadows and HDR lighting;
- Dead on Arrival 2 from N3V Games, another game pitting the player against zombies, this one taking advantage of high-res models;
- RU Golf from Nutgee takes the Tegra platform to a different genre where the cartoon/anime graphics take advantage of dynamic specular lighting, shadows, bloom and lens flare effects.
You can check out the comparisons between the current capabilities of Tegra devices compared to the new Tegra 4 chips in the videos below. Be sure to check back for more MWC 2013 coverage.