Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that Apple has decided that, in order to truly get ahead in the mobile space, lawsuits are the new black. We’ve weighed in with our opinion on the lawsuits. However, we’ve been getting the same question over and over: why is Apple suing Google / HTC? We’ve got the lowdown, so if you’re interested in knowing exactly what patents are in violation, be sure to hit the break and get your lawsuit groove on. Granted, these aren’t all of the infringement accusation, but they’ll give you a good idea. Don’t forget to leave us your thoughts in the comments!
1. A computer-based system for detecting structures in data and performing actions on detected structures, comprising:
- an input device for receiving data;
- an output device for presenting the data;
- a memory storing information including program routines including
- an analyzer server for detecting structures in the data, and for linking actions to the detected structures;
- a user interface enabling the selection of a detected structure and a linked action; and
- an action processor for performing the selected action linked to the selected structure; and
- a processing unit coupled to the input device, the output device, and the memory for controlling the execution of the program routines.
8. The system recited in claim 1, wherein the user interface highlights detected structures.
15. In a computer having a memory storing actions, a method for causing the computer to perform an action on a structure identified in computer data, comprising the steps of:
- receiving computer data;
- detecting a structure in the data;
- linking at least one action to the detected structure;
- enabling selection of the structure and a linked action; and
- executing the selected action linked to the selected structure.
19. The method recited in claim 15, wherein the memory contains strings, and wherein the step of detecting a structure further comprises the steps of retrieving a string from the memory and scanning the data to identify the string.
This patent is said to be so broad, that it covers faxes, wireless phones and even Internet-connected refrigerators.
Alleged violating claims:
1. A signal processing system for providing a plurality of realtime services to and from a number of independent client applications and devices, said system comprising:
- a subsystem comprising a host central processing unit (CPU) operating in accordance with at least one application program and a device handler program, said subsystem further comprising an adapter subsystem interoperating with said host CPU and said device;
- a realtime signal processing subsystem for performing a plurality of data transforms comprising a plurality of realtime signal processing operations; and
- at least one realtime application program interface (API) coupled between the subsystem and the realtime signal processing subsystem to allow the subsystem to interoperate with said realtime services.
2. The signal processing system as set forth in claim 1, wherein said signal processing system receives and transmits a plurality of datatypes over a plurality of different wide area networks (WANs).
24. The signal processing system of claim 1, wherein said realtime signal processing subsystem comprises:
- a realtime processor including an operating system for executing a plurality of realtime functions;
- a realtime communications module which is independent of said realtime processor and is coupled to receive a plurality of communications commands from said application programs via said device handler program and said realtime API, said realtime communications module operating in response to said communications commands to issue a plurality of requests for realtime services to said realtime processor; and
- a translation interface program which is specific to said realtime processor and is coupled to receive said requests for realtime services from said communications module and provide said requests to said realtime processor.
29. The signal processing system of claim 24, wherein said realtime processor is embodied in a hardware device and includes realtime function libraries that are embodied in programmable software.