Following yesterday’s announcement of the release of the Android SDK 0.9, Google have also updated the official website to include a timeline for further Android updats and releases.
This new Android roadmap will outline Google’s plans for the coming months, and keep us informed on what we can expect from Android in the future.
Google are still positive that we will indeed see an Android powered device by the end of the next quarter, following the release of the Android SDK 1.0.
- 18 August, 2008 – Android 0.9 SDK beta released
- September 2008 – additional Android 1.0 (pre) SDK releases made available, as necessary
- Q3 – Q4 2008 – Android 1.0 SDK release 1 available (first actual 1.0-compatible SDK)
- Q4 2008 – Android 1.0 devices available at retail
- Q4 2008 – Source code released
- Q4 2008 – Key Announcement on Android Developer Challenge II
[via Google Roadmap]