Disappointed in the quality of your Nexus 5′s camera? A developer by the name of Jishnu Sir over on XDA created a flashable .zip file in hopes to vastly improve the quality of your camera. It’s essentially a whole new app that replaces the stock camera that you currently have. Obviously doing this will require you to unlock your bootloader and have some sort of custom recovery (i.e. ClockworkMod or TWRP). Here’s a full list of what the new camera app adds or improves:
1) Sound Recording now in Stereo with the secondary Mic.
2) Faster Focusing for the camera.
3) Front Camera also records 720P Videos@ 20 Mb/s.
4) Front camera Audio Bitrate@ 192000 Kb/s.
5) AntiBanding default set to 50Hz
6) Focus Range Adjusted.
7) Enhanced Smooth Zoom.
8) Turned Edge Enhancement ON.
If you’d like to read up on some user feedback on how the hack has worked for some, check out the source link which directs you to the XDA thread. If anyone out there is willing to give this a shot, report back in the comment section and let us know your results!