One of the better replacements for the stock launcher/Home screens is LauncherPro, especially if you dislike your carrier’s system like TouchWiz. LauncherPro adds a ton of extra features and functionality including lots more customization, widgets, and 3D app screen.
A new version of LauncherPro is now available to download from the Android Market. Here’s what’s new in 0.8.0.0:
For all users:
- Fixed force close issues when setting the homescreen grid rows/columns to 1.
- Fixed the problem where increasing grid size with auto-fit would make it hard to move items to the bottom right area of the grid.
- Changed folders to always open full-screen regardless of the grid size.
For Plus users only:
- Fixed a force close issue with the Friends widget.
- Fixed the Friends widget not being able to post comments to Facebook.
- Added an option for the Calendar widget to set the week to start on Monday instead of Sunday (after releasing the update, I found a glitch where busy days are marked wrong with this setting on, will be fixed later today in 0.8.0.1).
- New Feature: Dock Popups! A perfect complement for dock notifications and dock swipe actions, the new dock popups give you quick access to information without leaving LauncherPro. In this release I’ve included two popups: Missed Calls, and Unread SMS. More popups will come in future updates.To enable them, long-press on the desired dock icon, choose “Swipe gesture action”, then “Show Popup…” and choose the popup. Now when you swipe that icon up, you’ll get a popup showing you the selected information.Both of these popups mark all items as read/viewed when you open them, so they’ll automatically clear the dock notification bubble. You can click on an item (SMS or call) to open it in their respective apps.
Rate & download: LauncherPro