Gaming fans interested in bringing the game experience down to a more personal, portable scale should have a new option hitting the market soon. Wikipad is planning to release a new tablet named after the company sometime before the end of the year. They recently showed off the latest iteration of the device to VentureBeat and shared specs for the device which include:
- 10.1-inch IPS display
- 16:10, 1280 x 800 resolution
- weight of 560 grams
- 8.6 mm thick
- NVIDIA Tegra 3 T30 1.4GHz quad-core processor
- 1 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage (minimum, may eventually have more available)
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera/2-megapixel front-facing camera
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system
- Controller add-on
That last item, the controller add-on, will be of special interest to gamers. Resembling an Xbox 360 controller, the add-on includes two sets of triggers, bumpers and analog sticks to go with four “face” buttons, a start button, and a select button. The device also places speakers in strategic locations to try to improve audio performance.
Pricing and a definite delivery date have not yet been set. As we previously reported, Wikipad is planning to team up with Gaikai to provide a streaming game service on the device.