This is a cool hack for sure. Forum poster smknacura over at DroidForums has posted a hack to run a DROID Bionic through his car’s entertainment system. Not only can he mirror the device through the entertainment system, but displaying the Webtop app was also a welcomed side effect (also running on the back seat monitors). I love to see stuff like this working. His basic instructions listed:
- First I took apart the car dock and grinded/drilled an opening so I could fit the micro hdmi cable.
- Then I docked the phone. Then aligned and plugged in the micro hdmi into the phone.
- I then epoxied the hdmi onto the case and let it dry.
- The stock power port was adjusted to match with the hdmi port and epoxied that as well.
- I put everything back together.
Check out more pics after the break. How cool is this?