The other day we showed you images of the Samsung Rugby Smart, and today Samsung announced that it will release on AT&T on March 4 for $99.99 with a 2-year contract. The Rugby Smart is one of those “tough” phones like the Motorola Defy. It’s dustproof and can be submerged in up to 1m of water for 30 minutes. It can also withstand extreme temperatures. Basically it’s built with mil-std 810f military spec standards if that means anything to you.
Hit the break for the full specs and press release:
- Technology: GSM, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+
- Operating System: Android 2.3
- Display: 3.7-inch WVGA (800 x 480) Super AMOLED display
- External Memory: Supports up to 32GB via microSD™
- Internal Memory: 4GB
- Dimensions: 122.4mm x 65.9mm x 12.19mm
- Weight: 4.2 oz
- Camera: 5MP rear facing with flash and auto focus with HD 720p video capture; 1.3 MP front facing camera;
- Battery: 1650 mAh LiIon Poly
- Talk Time: Up to 8 hours
- Standby Time: Up to 16 days
Full press release:
SAMSUNG & AT&T DELIVER BRAINS AND BRAWN
Waterproof and Dustproof Samsung Rugby® Smart Available Starting March 4
DALLAS, February 23, 2012 —
- · On March 4, AT&T* will begin selling the Samsung Rugby® Smart in company-owned retail stores and online. The smartphone will be sold for $99.99 with a two-year commitment and monthly minimum data plan.
- · Samsung Rugby® Smart is dustproof, can be submerged in up to 1m of water for 30 minutes, and can withstand extreme temperatures.**
- · Runs on Android™ 2.3 with 4G capabilities and boasts a virtual QWERTY keyboard, 3.7-inch Super AMOLED™ touchscreen display, 5MP camera and an integrated flashlight.
Samsung Rugby® Smart
The Samsung Rugby® Smart is a rugged, dustproof device designed to handle the elements with water resistance (submergible up to 1m for 30 minutes) and built to mil-std 810f military spec standards**.The Android 2.3 smartphone features a 3.7-inch WVGA Super AMOLED touchscreen display and a 5MP camera with HD video recording***. It also supports 4G service, Wi-Fi®, corporate email and the full line of media including location, music and social networking services. From the work site to the camp site and beyond, Rugby Smart fulfills all your smartphone needs with the physical strength to handle whatever life throws at it.
- · Technology: GSM, EDGE, UMTS, HSPA+
- · Operating System: Android 2.3
- · Display: 3.7-inch WVGA Super AMOLED display
- · External Memory: Supports up to 32GB via microSD™
- · Internal Memory: 4GB
- · Dimensions: 122.4mm x 65.9mm x 12.19mm
- · Weight: 4.2 oz
- · Camera: 5MP rear facing with flash and auto focus with HD 720p video capture; 1.3 MP front facing camera;
- · Battery: 1650 mAh LiIon Poly
- · Talk Time: Up to 8 hours
- · Standby Time: Up to 16 days
“The Samsung Rugby Smart is perfect for active customers who need another level of durability with their smartphone,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president, Devices,AT&T Mobility and Consumer Markets. “It is water and dustproof and has all the features of a leading smartphone.”
“We continue to bring the highest quality devices – the Rugby Smart is the ultimate smartphone to withstand extreme conditions,” said Dale Sohn, president of Samsung Mobile. “AT&T customers are now able to stay connected with a durable smartphone while experiencing even the roughest environment.”
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
4G speeds not available everywhere.
** Meets US Mil-STD 810F for Dust, Humidity, Rain, Shock and Temperature. Waterproof against incidental exposure to water when all ports are tightly closed. NOT designed or intended for in water use. Submersible up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. Waterproof based on IP67 rating.
Limited-time offer. New two-year wireless agreement with qualifying voice and data plan required. Terms of service may vary depending on your business agreement. Wireless Service: Subject to Wireless Customer Agreement. Coverage and services not available everywhere. Credit approval required. Activation Fee up to $36/line. Geographic, usage and other terms, conditions and restrictions apply, and may result in service termination. See store or visit att.com for complete details and coverage maps. Data Requirements: Seeatt.com/dataplans or www.wireless.att.com/
*** Screen resolution 480×800