Oh TeamWin, how we love you so. Fresh off the heels of, well, everything they do for us Android users, TeamWin has come up with something else for our flashing pleasure. Introducing twrp (TeamWin Recovery Project), hands down the most user friendly recovery of all time. No more awkward selection methods, no more boring/nerdy look (unless you want to), and several other goodies that us lazier people will immediately appreciate. More info after the break.
Taken directly from the Evo4G thread on xda, here.
TeamWin Recovery Project, or twrp for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features that we deemed missing from current recoveries. After a lot of hard work for weeks, we are happy to announce the release of twrp.
- Clean, simple, intuitive Menu System
- Ability to save custom recovery settings
º Default partitions to back up
º Default zip folder location
º Default color theme (lots to choose from) (Thanks to ffolkes!)
º Default Time Zone (for more accurate time stamps; US time zones only for now)
º Zip Verification
- Ability to select which individual partitions to backup, and restore.
- Ability to choose compression or no compression backups.
º Compression takes longer of course, but you save roughly half the space. You choose.
- Ability to auto restore GAPPS on zip flash (for CM based ROMS)
- Ability to auto reboot after successful flashes (for the lazy)
- Capacitate Button functions
º Home – Main Menu
º Menu – Advanced Menu
º Back – Up a Menu Level
º Search – Select Current Selection
- Battery Level and Timestamp (Better safe than sorry)
- Capacitative Buttons sometimes bug out after a while, but this does not hinder twrp in any way. (happens in aosp recoveries)
- While working on twrp, TeamWin’s top race horse ran off, if you find him please let us know. (he must be getting really lonely now)
As usual, use at your own risk. TeamWin is not responsible for anything bad that may occur from using twrp. We do however take responsible for the awesomeness that comes with it. Don’t be a d3rp and use twrp for bad. With great power, comes great responsibility.
Special Shout Outs:
º toastcfh – for his under appreciated dedication to the community.
º agrabren – for his leading the way to freedom for numerous devices with fre3vo.
º Dees_Troy, joeykrim, shift, vividboarder, onicrom, netarchy, kevank, myndwire, bigbiff, dkelle4, shinzul, spiicytuna, eyeballer, OtisFeelgood.
- Amon_RA – for his great Recovery for which we gained a lot of inspiration from.
- Koush – for his dedication to the community and ClockworkMod.
- unrEVOked for their great work and dedication to the community.
- AlphaRev for their great work and dedication to the community.
I can’t even remember the last time I was excited to poke around in recovery. It appears to just be for the Evo and Evo 3D right now, but hopefully you other Android lovers will be getting some ported/kanged love sooner than later!