These are the core features:
- Playlists, not worklists: Start a playlist with one or two songs of your choice, tap “Add Similar Songs” and put the power of Pandora’s Music Genome Project to work to create the perfect playlist for any activity, mood or party.
- All your thumbs up: Every song you’ve thumbed up on Pandora is immediately available in your “My Thumbs Up” playlist. Thumb up a few tracks on any Pandora radio station and Premium will automatically create a new playlist of these songs too.
- New music for you… and only you: Browse is stocked with personalized suggestions for the latest releases from current and soon-to-be favorites whether you listen to classical, metal, jazz, hip hop, country, and everything in between.
- Offline mode: Download albums, songs stations or playlists you want and bring an end to those moments of deafening silence when you lose a signal.
- Search that knows you: Pandora’s team of curators, music analysts and data scientists have sifted through tens of millions of tracks to help you quickly find what you really want. No more wading through covers, karaoke versions or tribute tracks to get to your favorite tune.
Really this service is just the same as others. You’re getting access to millions of songs that can be streamed at any time and even saved for offline listening. But Pandora wants to stand out by personalizing Pandora Premium for you. Pandora Premium works with your habits and customizes the apps around them.
The price for Pandora Premium? Pretty much the same as the competition. Pandora is charging $9.99 per month for access to on-demand streaming from its massive catalog of music. If you’re already a subscriber of Pandora Plus, you’ll get six months of Pandora Premium for free.
Select listeners of the service will get invites on March 15 for a free trial, and then everyone should be able to choose to upgrade to Pandora Premium within the next couple of weeks. Pandora wants to slowly expand availability of Pandora premium so it can adjust as potential hiccups occur.
For now, you can enter your contact information on the sign-up page for Pandora Premium. You’ll be put on Pandora’s invite list and contacted when it’s your turn.