ASUS seems intent on dominating the budget-tablet market by introducing yet another tablet called the MeMO Pad. This 7-inch tablet features a 1,024 x 600 display, a VIA WM8950 chip clocked at 1GHz plus a Mali-400 GPU, is available in 8GB or 16GB configurations (plus a microSD card slot) and has Jelly Bean running the show. Oh and for good measure— ASUS is tossing in its some extra goodies including its cloud-based WebStorage with 5GB of storage space and ASUS Studio among other things. All-in-all, it appears that ASUS is trying to give consumers a quality tablet experience that won’t break the bank too much– which is always a welcome thing.
The MeMO Pad will be available this month for a reasonable starting price of only $149 and will be available in Sugar White, Titanium Gray and Cherry Pink color configurations. Interested parties will be able to get more deets once they hit past the break and check out the full presser.
ASUS Launches the MeMO Pad™
The new MeMO Pad™ is designed to go wherever you go.
Fremont, CA (January 13, 2013) — ASUS is excited to introduce the MeMO Pad™, a stylish and capable 7-inch Android tablet designed for mobile consumers looking for a high-quality yet remarkably affordable tablet. With a starting MSRP of $149 (US), the ASUS MeMO Pad™ features Android™ 4.1 and offers full support for Google Play so you can choose from over 750,000 apps and games, browse the world’s largest eBookstore, search millions of songs, watch thousands of the latest and greatest movies and TV shows, and even flip through your favorite magazines*. Available in three colors – Sugar White, Titanium Gray and Cherry Pink — MeMO Pad™ sports an elegant, non-slip diamond-patterned finish in a thin and lightweight design.
Created for both work and playASUS MeMO Pad™ runs Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and is powered by a 1GHz VIA WM8950 CPU and a Mali-400 GPU for a smooth and fluid entertainment experience. It features a 10-point multi-touch LED-backlit display with 1024 x 600 resolution, 140-degree wide viewing angles, and its 350-nit brightness means images remain clear, even outdoors. MeMO Pad™ also features ASUS SonicMaster audio and MaxxAudio for high-quality sound.
ASUS MeMO Pad™ offers up to 16GB of internal storage, which can be supplemented by up to 32GB via the microSD card slot. A suite of ASUS applications are also pre-installed, including SuperNote Lite, BuddyBuzz, ASUS WebStorage with 5GB of online storage space, ASUS Studio and WebStorage Office for enhanced productivity.
AVAILABILITY & PRICING
ASUS MeMO Pad will be available starting this January in selected markets from authorized ASUS resellers. Please contact your local ASUS representative for more information. The ASUS MeMO Pad™ is a tablet-only product and does not come with a dock like the award winning ASUS Transformer Pad™ series.
- CPU / GPU: VIA WM8950 (1GHz) / Mali-400
- Operating system: Android™ 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Display: 7-inch (1024 x 600, 170PPI) LED-backlit; 10-point multi-touch; 140-degree wide viewing angle; 350-nits brightness
- Front Camera: 1MP back-illuminated sensor, f/2.0, with 720p HD video capture at 30fps
- Storage: 1GB RAM; 8GB or 16GB storage with microSD card slot (up to 32GB); 5GB free ASUS WebStorage
- Wireless: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- Connectivity: 3.5mm headphone/mic; Microphone; Micro-USB port; Sensors; G-Sensor; Pre-installed ASUS applications; SuperNote Lite; ASUS WebStorage; ASUS WebStorage Online Office; ASUS Studio; BuddyBuzz; MyPainter; MyBitCast
- Battery: 7 hours (16Wh Li-polymer, 4270mAh)*
- Available colors: Sugar White, Titanium Gray, Cherry Pink
- Size: 196.2 x 119.2 x 11.2 mm – 7.72 x 4.69 x 0.44”
- Weight: 370g – 13.1oz
*Specifications may vary without prior notice. Options, pricing and availability dependent upon region. Google Play services vary from country to country. Please confirm exact services for each specific region. Check usa.asus.com for further details.