I really like devices that are somewhat powerful yet affordable because they attract consumers on a budget. With the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo, you get just that. This device is sporting Ice Cream Sandwhich, a 1GHz Dual Core Processor, 5 Megapixel Camera with LED Flash and is also rocking Dual Sim. You will be able to pick it up in either white or black for just under $185 (£150)
I have to admit, when I hear about Acer devices, I kinda turn up my nose and you might be right there with me. After all, their releases haven’t exactly been stellar to date. Maybe we should give them a chance. Who knows, this could this be Acers ‘Diamond in the Ruff’ Only time will tell! Hit the break for full specs of the Liquid Gallant Duo.
- CPU speed: 1GHz, MTK 6575
- Platform: Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA 900/2100 MHz / Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz / (Band frequency, HSPA availability, and data speed are operator dependent)
- Dual SIM
- Memory: Internal phone storage: 4GB / RAM: 1GB / microSD slot (up to 32GB)
- Display: 4.3-inch touch screen with qHD resolution
- GPS: Internal GPS Antenna
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® 3.0 + EDR / Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11b/g/n / 3.5 mm stereo audio jack / Standard micro-USB
- Camera: 5 megapixel camera, LED flash
- Battery: Li-ion battery 1500 mAh
- Weight: 145 grams with battery
- Dimensions: (LxWxT): 129 x 65,9 x 9,9 mm
The MTK6575 processor concerns me a little because it’s common in very cheap Android devices, but with the price point, it’s a great way to get Android into the hands of more people! Chompin’ at the bit? Good news! The Liquid Gallant Duo will be available on August 8th in both white and black. Pre-orders had begun yesterday, but for whatever reason the page is down. Bookmark the source link and keep trying because hopefully it will be back soon.