Many of you have been clamoring to try Google Now, one of the hot new features of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. Well if you are rooted and running an AOSP-based Ice Cream Sandwich ROM, you can now take it for a spin. XDA member febcv figured out that you can modify the build.prop to make it happen. Hit the break for the instructions.
- Open Root Explorer & navigate to /system
- Now Open build.prop in Text Editor.
- Edit ro.build.version.sdk = 16 & save.
- Now go to /system/app & Rename GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk1
- Now reboot & install the app from this download link.
- Now edit build.prop & change ro.build.version.sdk = 15 & reboot.