It’s been pretty popular on the PC and consoles, but now it’s available on Android Tegra devices. Hamilton’s Great Adventure by Fatshark just landed in the Google Play Store and TegraZone. If you’re not familiar with the game, it’s an action-puzzler that features some really sweet graphics. In fact, this version retains the depth and visual quality from the console.
There are two separate apps to this game, and the first part features 24 puzzles and 22 levels, located in the steam jungle of the Amazonas or the windy mountain sides of the Himalaya. The second part, called the expansion pack, is another download entirely (you must have the first part installed) and it also has 24 puzzles and 22 levels, but it’s set in the ruins of Egypt or the mysterious lost continent of Maralidia.
You play Ernest Hamilton or his trusty parrot friend, Sasha. Between the two of them you need to find treasures, collect dust for powering Hamilton’s abilities, and find the key to exit each individual level. It’s not just about finding your way because you will have to deal with Piranhas, flying Exocets, Golems, and cunning Agents. Controls are fairly easy. To the bottom left is where you control Hamilton and to the bottom right is where you control Sasha. Both are controlled by thumbpads and there are mini buttons to tap for certain actions. For Sasha, you also need to tilt your device up or down for height. The game also has controller support if you own a bluetooth controller such as the OnLive gaming controller.
The graphics are breathtaking and really shows off what a high end Android device can do. I played it on the Nexus 7 and I did have some force close issues, but I am sure that will be resolved quickly. Both the first part and the expansion pack is $3.99 each and you will need a total of 1GB of space for each part. Check out my quick hands on video as well as their trailer video below and hit one of the download links to get started. As always, let me know what you think.
- 1st part – 22 levels divided in between two unique worlds (Jungle of Amazonas and Mountains of Himalaya).
- Expansion pack – 22 levels divided in between two unique worlds (Ruins of Egypt and the Lost continent of Maralidia).
- Two boss levels .
- Two playable characters, the adventurer Hamilton and his bird Sasha. Use Hamilton to progress in the levels and collect gold and keys while Sasha distract enemies, fly to secret levers to open doors and collect dust to power Hamilton’s abilities.
- You will encounter everything from hungry Piranhas, flying Exocets, slow but unstoppable Golems and cunning Agents.
- Get help from Hamilton’s gadgets –the Spyglass and Booster boots
- Achieve Bronze, Silver or Gold on every level.
- Enjoy all story content from PC game’s first two chapters (the following two chapters are available in Hamilton’s Great Adventure: THD Expansion.
**Please note that the game only run on Tegra 3 powered devices. Ensure that you have at least 1GB of free space before installing Hamilton’s Great Adventure: THD.
Play Store Download Link – Expansion Pack
(first part needs to be installed for expansion pack to work)