A new app called Slice just landed in the Google Play Store. Interestingly enough it is backed by Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt. It’s an online shopping organizational app that keeps track of your complete online shopping history. For starters, it will organize all your electronic receipts from both online retailers and supported brick and mortar stores. You won’t have to go into each individual site for your history or try to find email receipts, you can get it all in one convenient place. How’s that for simple when you need to get customer service information about making a return?
Slice will also track all your shipments. You can track detailed information about the contents, where it’s coming from, as well as get push notifications upon delivery.
Last but not least, you can get detailed reports that go beyond your credit card statement.
It’s available now for free in the Google Play Store so hit the break for the download links, as well as more images and the full presser.
Full press release:
Slice app launches for android to save you time, track your packages and get you organized
Slice Makes Package-Tracking From Your Mobile Phone a Breeze, Helps Whip Your Inbox into Shape and Simplifies Shopping for All
PALO ALTO, CA – March 08, 2012 – Today, Slice announced the availability of its free online shopping organizational app on all Android devices. The Android release is the latest addition to Slice’s suite of mobile and desktop tools aimed at simplifying online shopping. With Slice on your Android, you’ll never waste another minute sorting through old receipts or entering tracking numbers. Slice’s app is the only service that gives Android users instant access to their entire online shopping history, making tracking shipments and staying organized on-the-go easier than ever before. With the launch of the Android app, users will also be able to conveniently view and organize purchases made using Google Wallet.
Slice makes sense of the shopping clutter by automatically pulling information from the electronic receipts in your email – including shipping notifications, tracking numbers, return policies and customer service information – and compiling all the relevant data in one place for quick, easy reference. Slice parses receipts from brick and mortar retailers, traditional e-commerce and daily deal sites.
Slice has processed more than 10 million purchases to date. Slice’s service was named “the best package tracker for iPhone” by Lifehacker and the company was included in Inc. Magazine’s list of start-ups to watch in 2012.
“Our number one request in the months leading up to the holidays was for an Android release,” said Scott Brady, CEO and co-founder of Slice. “Our mobile platform is really the best way to use Slice since it puts all the benefits of the service right at your fingertips. With Slice on your Android, the days of rooting around in your email for tracking numbers or customer service information are long gone. Slice gives you all the information you need, when you need it, in the palm of your hand.”
Slice’s mobile apps simplify your shopping by eliminating some common hassles:
· Need to remember what you ordered? We automatically track all your in-progress shipments on a single map as they make their way to your front door, with detailed information about the contents of the package, not just where it’s coming from.
· Want to know where your stuff is? Our push notifications let you know when a purchase has shipped and when it gets delivered, so you’re never left wondering.
· Want to return something? Slice keeps a copy of all your electronic receipts for easy access in case you need them. Slice also provides you with often hard to find return and customer service information. Returns made simple.
· Purchase info hard to find in your cluttered inbox? Slice consolidates your shopping history in one place so you don’t have to log into multiple websites, dig through receipts or manually file emails. From large retailers and daily deal sites to mom-and-pop online shops, we’ve got you covered.
· Where’s all your money going? We provide purchase details beyond what’s provided in your credit card statement, showing you exactly what you bought down to the individual item, not just where you bought it.
Starting today, the Slice mobile app is available for all Android users in the Android Market. Slice is also available as a desktop service for all Gmail and Yahoo! Mail users and for iOS devices as the Slice iPhone app in the Apple App Store. For more information, visit http://www.slice.com/android.
Slice provides the simplest way to organize your purchases, saving you time and money. Slice automatically pulls information from electronic receipts in your inbox and makes it easy to track the progress of your orders, take advantage of price adjustments and see everything you’ve bought, all in one place. Based in Palo Alto, CA, Slice is privately held with funding from DCM, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Michael Birch, FLOODGATE, Innovation Endeavors (Eric Schmidt), and Rick Thompson. For more information, visit www.slice.com.