Next week just can’t come soon enough. As we get closer and closer to CES 2012 (which Talk Android will be at by the way giving you nonstop coverage of everything Google and Android), we continue to see announcements from big time manufacturers and companies and Google is no exception. Following the blockbuster 2011 for Google TV, the Mountain View giant has announced they are looking to do bigger and better things for 2012. They’ve announced a star-studded lineup of TV partners which will feature Google-powered technology. Here’s Google itself the list of partners as well as its excitement for the partnerships:
- LG – We’re thrilled to welcome global consumer electronics leader LG to the Google TV family. LG will showcase a new line of TVs powered by Google TV running on their own L9 chipset at CES.
- Marvell – Also new to the Google TV family this year is Marvell, an innovative worldwide leader in chipsets. Marvell will be showcasing a new generation of Google TV solutions which will help bring more products across more price points to consumers.
- MediaTek – We’re also excited to partner with MediaTek, the leading Taiwanese chipset designer. MediaTek chipsets will power yet another wave of Google TV devices.
- Samsung – We’re excited to work closely with Samsung to bring Google-TV powered Samsung devices to market in 2012.
- Sony – We’re happy to build on our partnership with Sony. At CES, Sony will unveil new devices for the US and plans to offer Google TV powered products in several countries around the world in 2012.
- Vizio – Last year we announced our partnership with Vizio at CES. This year we’re excited to join Vizio as they hold private demos at CES showcasing their new line of Google TV-powered products.
Very nice lineup indeed. Let’s see how many more living rooms and bedrooms Google can invade now that they will be going full-throttle from CES 2012 and beyond.
[via Google TV Blog]