Widgets are certainly a dime a dozen on the Google Play Store however, it’s rare to find a good Gmail widget that is both aesthetically pleasing as well as functional. In steps the Gmail Widget by Katzoft, a simple, intuitive yet very functional application for quickly glancing at your incoming Gmail. The application offers several different types of home screen widgets that display the accurate number of unread messages while also offering a quick preview of them. The developer touts they’ve made these ICS esque apps now available for devices still running Froyo 2.2 and Gingerbread 2.3. However, the application should work for most versions of Android out there. Get timely updates as emails arrive, quickly glance at subjects and the first line of the message while on the fly, see all of your priority inbox mail, compose a message and choose from several different widget sizes. The application will run you $1.49 in the Play Store and also works on tablets. Ready to give it a go? Check out the download link below as well as a qr code. Don’t forget to check out all of the features as well as the quick video demo of the app in action. Feel free to leave your comments below too.
- Updates automatically when new mail arrives (it may not update immediately while you read mails)
- Shows the first lines of the message in addition to sender and subject (medium widget only)
- Supports Priority Inbox (important messages only)
- Supports multiple accounts on one device
- Open Gmail or compose a new message quickly
- Makes your phone look like it has the latest Android 4.0 (ICS)
- Different sizes available
Notes from the developer:
- This app will not show up in your launcher. Add widgets by holding down on an empty spot of your home screen.
- It may take up to 30 seconds for the widget to refresh the first time and after a reboot. During this time it may not look like anything is happening!
- Do not attempt to move to the SD card, as this will prevent it from working
- Send feedback via email if you would like to suggest a feature
- If you leave a comment, be constructive