With Memorial Day Weekend fast approaching, Netflix has announced a range of blockbuster and classic movies to keep you entertained both over this weekend and throughout the summer ahead. Besides the glut of Disney (Marvel, LucasFilm, and Pixar) movies that will show exclusively on Netflix from September onwards, the summer line-up also includes blockbuster films such as Jurassic Park, The Fast & The Furious, and The Wedding Planner.
- Sci-fi adventure classics Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park: The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3 (June 1)
- Academy Award Best Picture winner, Spotlight (June 22), the true story of how the Boston Globe uncovered long-standing child abuse at the Catholic Archdiocese, featuring Mark Ruffalo and Rachel McAdams.
- Sundance hit and Netflix Original film The Fundamentals of Caring (June 24), follows Paul Rudd playing Ben, a writer-turned-caregiver, and his charge, a foul-mouthed British teen with muscular dystrophy played by Craig Roberts, as they take an impromptu road trip.
- The Big Short (July 6) with Steve Carell, Ryan Gosling, and Christian Bale, brings to life the collapse of the U.S. mortgage bubble in an unforgettable and amazingly entertaining way.
- Brahman Naman (July 7), another Netflix Original film, brings the ribaldry of American Pie and takes it to India in the 1980s.
- Tallulah (July 29), another Sundance breakout and Netflix Original, unites Allison Janney and Ellen Page, in the story of a dissatisfied Beverly Hills housewife and the babysitter she hires.
- Also arriving in July for the first time are such classic family favorite franchises such as Back to The Future& Lethal Weapon.
- Netflix will premiere The Little Prince, a stunning animated film based on the beloved children’s book, featuring the voices of Jeff Bridges, Rachel McAdams, Ricky Gervais, Marion Cotillard and James Franco.
- Also appearing: The Fast & The Furious, The Wedding Planner and St. Vincent
Don’t forget that Adam Sandler’s new movie, The Do-Over, also starring David Spade, will be available to view from Friday onwards.