BLU has just announced the arrival of the Pure XL, a 6-inch smartphone that is the first U.S. smartphone to feature MediaTek’s Helio X10 Octa-core processor. The BLU Pure XL will launch exclusively on Amazon.com on September 29th for just $349.
The BLU Pure XL sports a solid aluminium metal body with machine chamfered edges. If you look at the images you can see the cutouts on the top and bottom of the device that aid mobile signal reception. Let’s see what else the Pure XL has to offer.
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 6-Inch Super AMOLED Quad HD display (2560 x 1440), 490ppi, Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- MediaTek MT6795 Helio X10 Octa-core processor @ 2.0GHz (64-bit)
- PowerVR G6200 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB Internal storage
- MicroSD card support (up to 64GB)
- 24MP Rear camera with Truetone flash, Phased-Detection Auto Focus (PDAF), dedicated camera button, 4K recording
- 8MP Front camera with autofocus and wide angle lens
- WiFi bands ac/b/g/n
- Mobile connectivity: 3G/HSPA+/4G (LTE: 2/4/7/17)
- Fingerprint scanner on rear
- Dimensions: 164 x 82.2 x 9.6mm
- Weight: 202 grams
- Battery: 3,500mAh
- Available in gold or grey
Just to recap, the Pure XL offers a 6-inch Quad HD smartphone, octa-core processor, 24MP rear camera, 3GB of RAM, 64GB internal storage, and is unlocked to any network, supporting both T-Mobile and AT&T 4G/LTE networks, for under $350. Add to that the rear fingerprint scanner, 3,500mAh battery and aluminium design, and that’s a lot of phone for a more than reasonable outlay. If you are in the States, does the BLU Pure XL tick your boxes? Let us know in the comments below.
MIAMI, Sept. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — BLU Products, the market leader in unlocked devices in the United States, announced today the launch of the BLU Pure XL, which will be on display at the 2015 CTIA Super Mobility Event in Las Vegas, September 9-11. The BLU Pure XL is the first U.S. smartphone to include MediaTek’s premium Helio X10 chipset, a 64-bit True Octa-core™ LTE smartphone SoC designed for both extreme performance and power efficiency. The BLU Pure XL will highlight a 6.0-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display paired with an industry leading 24 Megapixel Camera. It will go on sale exclusively on Amazon.com on September 29 at a price of $349.00, unlocked, with 4G LTE support nationwide on T-Mobile and AT&T Networks.
“The BLU Pure XL is an industry flagship in every sense of the word, competing with any of the top tier devices available in the world today,” said Samuel Ohev-Zion, CEO of BLU Products. “Anyone will be hard pressed to find better technology period, including the extreme and powerful performance of the MediaTek Helio X10 processor found inside.”
Powerful and Power Efficient MediaTek Processor
The BLU Pure XL is powered by the 64-bit MediaTek Helio X10 2.0GHz Octa-core processor and offers a seamless user experience, with the power to run multiple apps at once, quickly browse the web, or enjoy smooth rendering of graphics for just about any game all while maximizing power efficiency. Benchmarks on the BLU Pure XL with MediaTek Helio X10 result in AnTuTu scores in the range of 49,000, which is among the top performing smartphones in the world today.
This power and performance is enabled on the Helio X10 chipset by CorePilot, MediaTek’s advanced power resource management technology providing world-class multi-processor performance and thermal control. CorePilot maximizes device performance and power saving through interactive power management, adaptive thermal management and advanced scheduler algorithms. CorePilot 2.0, used in the Helio X10, adds new advancements in heterogeneous computing including both CPUs and GPUs. This cooperation, named Device Fusion, is an “intelligent” technology which can efficiently execute fuse GPU and CPU computing capabilities. More about CorePilot can be found on the MediaTek website athttp://www.mediatek.com/en/features/corepilot-30/.
“The partnership between MediaTek and BLU has produced a powerful and attractive smartphone in the Pure XL,” said Russ Mestechkin, Director of Corporate Sales International at MediaTek. “The Helio series is our flagship family of extreme performance processors that provide consumers with the cutting-edge multimedia experience they demand from their smartphone today combined with efficiency and extended battery life that supports current usage patterns.”
The BLU Pure XL boasts a 24 megapixel main camera featuring advanced, second-generation Optical Image Stabilization, F/2.0 aperture, 1/2.3 inch sensor with Sapphire + 6P lens, real-time HDR, True Dual Tone LED Flash, and Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) with Fast Focus between 0.08-0.2 seconds. A dedicated camera button provides lightning fast access to the ideal shot. Additional features include:
- Magic Focus, which allows you to choose the focus point after shooting.
- AE/AF separation while taking the picture.
- Video recording in 4K Ultra HD.
- An 8MP Autofocus Wide-Angle Front Camera.
Sharp and Responsive Display
At four times the resolution of a traditional HD display, the BLU Pure XL’s 6.0-inch Quad HD (2560 x 1440) Super AMOLED 490ppi display elevates the smartphone’s visual experience to a new level with stunning graphics and life-like colors that seem to jump off the screen, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Other key features on the BLU Pure XL include:
- 64GB internal memory plus 3GB RAM.
- Solid aluminium metal design with polished chamfered edges in 9.6mm design.
- All-day battery life with huge 3500mah long standby, and HD video playback for over seven hours.
- 9V/2A quick charger; four hours of phone call talk time with a 10 minute charge. 10 mins to 15%, 30 mins to 43%.
- 24-bit/192kHz audio quality, Smart PA, dual stereo speakers, DTS sound.
- Device unlock with a simple fingerprint touch in less than 10ms. Also, lock the files on device quickly and safely.
- Available in gold and grey color options.