The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge were released in five colors initially which, outside of Motorola’s Moto Maker devices, is a relatively wide variety. With this many options, Samsung hopes buyers will find a color they are attracted to which may make sales a bit easier. A buyer’s color choice could also reveal a little bit about their personality according to British psychologist Donna Dawson.
Dawson recently provided brief profiles of the type of person who might select each of the colors Samsung makes available. Some of the highlights include:
- Gold Platinum – “People who choose gold as their preferred color are striving for prosperity, financial success and general contentment. They tend to be luxury-loving and enjoy the finer things of life, indulging whenever they can (sometimes even when they cannot!). They are outgoing, warm, and enjoy the company of others. They also tend to have strong intuition.”
- Green Emerald – “People who choose green as their preferred color tend to be balanced, loyal, hard-working, honest, benevolent and concerned for others. They tend to be (or aspire to be) good citizens with a highly-developed moral sense and a desire for simplicity.”
- Blue Topaz – “People who choose Samsung’s Blue Topaz as their preferred color are self-confident, fastidious, discriminating, sensitive, exacting, and intuitive. These people really need to be loved, and also long for personal security. The brightness of the color will attract people who are already self-confident.”
- White Pearl – “People who choose white as their preferred color tend to be status-seeking extroverts. Because white contains all the other colors, it is the other dual-natured color apart from black. It can represent wisdom, honesty and purity; but also brashness, an open nature and over-confidence.”
- Black Sapphire – “…the person who chooses black as their preferred color is striving to be recognized for their individualism, independence and their ability to stay aloof from the crowd, to play their cards close to their chest, and to be a leader. They are also hinting at their sexual allure and power, as well as their hidden depths.”
Based on your color preference for a smartphone, do you think Dawson’s descriptions are accurate?