Samsung Continuum users are encouraged by Verizon Wireless to take advantage of an update the carrier recently pushed out, which has a few helpful bug fixes. Unfortunately, this update does not have Froyo, so you will still have Android 2.1 on your Continuum after updating.
Here are the fixes:
- Reply/Forward Visual Voice Mail audio files as attachments
- Improved Visual Voice Mail functionality
- Press the camera button no longer launches the Messenger Application
- All received picture messages properly display the embedded image
- Added ability to delete a threaded message while in the body of the thread
- Alert appears when a message of 150+ characters sends as an MMS message
- When using V CAST Music, the audio track will auto-pause if you select a V CAST or native video to start
- Added multiple email messages to be deleted from POP3 accounts
- Contact time displays correctly in the notification bar when a text message is received
- Successfully hide all declined events on Facebook application
- Improved voice dialing response time when connected to a Bluetooth headset or car kit
- “Locate Me” GPS feature in the WeatherBug widget now works correctly.
- Properly display Daylight Savings Time in WeatherBug application
- Completely delete RSS history
- Avoid device transitioning into a no service state when it should not have
- Device will not force close when setting a wallpaper
- VCAST Apps are now available
Continuum users can grab this update over the air. Follow these simple instructions: go to “Settings” -> “About Phone” -> “System Updates” and tap on “Check New”.
If you want more information about the update from Verizon Wireless, click here.