As MWC 2014 kicks into full gear, we’re going to see a whole slew of announcements. This announcement is coming out of Sony’s camp as it announces the next generation Xperia Z2 tablet. As you would expect, the tablet features updated specs. They are as follows.
- 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 CPU, Adreno 330 GPU
- 10.1-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) TRILUMINOS display, with X-Reality and Live Color LED technology
- 3GB of RAM
- 8.1MP Exmor RS rear camera, 2.2MP from camera
- Sony Front Surround™ audio technology
- IP55/IP58 rating – waterproof and dustproof
- 6.4mm thick, 426g for Wi-Fi model and 439g for for LTE/3G model
- Digital noise-cancelling technology for an immersive audio experience
- 6000 mAh battery (up to 10 hours of multimedia use estimated)
- Quick charge 2.0 technology (75% faster than devices without fast charging abilities)
- Optional 4G LTE support
On top of the newer specs, the tablet will come with OfficeSuite Pro 7 on board, so you can edit and manipulate Microsoft Office files right out of the gate. There is a robust security architecture that offers protection for both your corporate and personal data. Camera enthusiasts will find Xperia’s camera suite of apps as well.
The tablet will feature the same sleek and slim design the original tablet had. As far as availability is concerned, we’re looking at March of this year. No word on pricing but we can bet it will be in line with the previous model. We have the presser for you after the break.