RealNetworks’ RealPlayer Cloud service has gone live and the app is now available over in the Google Play Store. Formerly known as just RealPlayer, RealPlayer Cloud will allow users to store and play videos from — you guessed it — the cloud. The company says it already has more than 500,000 users in the United States and Canada combined. And aside from being able to use RealPlayer Cloud with televisions and web browsers, Chromecast support is included.
Hit the break for screenshots and download links.
Not only do our Android devices make great MP3 players, but they make great portable home theaters, too. With the resolutions on many devices competing with the televisions in most people’s living rooms, they’re great choices for watching movies and TV shows on.
Most Android devices will bunch any movies, TV shows, or just home videos into your gallery application with your pictures and downloaded images. That’s generally not an ideal place for organizing them, and to make things worse, you’d only be able to watch the videos in the built-in video viewing application. More often than not, the stock app is lacking in many features or just can’t play all of the formats you may have your videos encoded in. Fortunately for you, this guide is going to go over the top 5 applications to make your video watching experience that much better.
The popular media player for music, videos and photos has now left its beta stages and is officially on version 1.0 (technically 0.0.1.0). The app supports up to 9 different languages and provides several features such as a great UI, widget functionality, an equalizer, lastFM scrobbling, metadata editing and is graphically optimized for high-resolution devices. Here’s a list of other features that you can expect from the free version and the in-app upgrade version:
RealPlayer Features – available with the free RealPlayer app
- Music, videos and photos all in one place
- Available in nine languages
- Optimized graphics for high-res devices
- lastFM scrobbling
- Voice commands for search
- Control playback when phone is locked
- Sharing on popular social media sites
- Move application to SD card
- Set your favorite song as a ringtone
- Headphones controls
- Auto bookmarking of videos
- Home screen widgets to control media
- Access any file format your device supports
Additional Features – available through an in-app upgrade
- Graphic equalizer with ability to save custom settings
- Metadata discovery using the Gracenote database
- Manual metadata editing
- Cross fading for a seamless music experience
- RealAudio and RealVideo (rmvb) support
- No advertisements
You can check out the video and a link to download the app after the break!
RealPlayer for Android made its appearance mid-last-year, and RealNetworks has been soliciting feedback from users from day one, and have really been listening to your suggestions. Today they announced an updated version of their media player app, taking their updates largely from your input. The updated version brings the folllowing changes to the table:
- A redesigned home screen
- A widget allowing playback from the home screen
- Enhanced graphics
- A feature for videos and song removal
- An improved way to select directories for music, videos and photos
- Landscape mode for music playback
- Music playback by directory folder
- A quick way to hide video status bar
- A selection for video aspect ratio
- Removal of the roulette wheel
- Support for music playlists playback
If you have downloaded the RealPlayer app, be sure you pick up the update. And if you’re looking for a good media player app, give RealPlayer a try. Either way, let us know what you think of it.