The HTC One M9 was only announced a couple of days ago at MWC, so it’s pretty normal not to have pricing details available. But seeing as HTC are currently running a SweepStakes Promotion where you can win one of five One M9 handsets, a monetary value for the prize has to be included in the terms and conditions of the contest, as seen after the break.
Samsung officially announced the newest version of their Exynos 5 Octa processor today with a heavy emphasis on the graphics capabilities. For the first time in the industry, graphics will be driven by a six-core chipset, the ARM Mali-T628 gpu to be specific. Samsung claims the new Mali chipset will boost 3D graphic processing capabilities more than two times over the current Exynos 5 Octa chip. The new technology will also enable the gpu to handle some computational operations through General-Purpose computing on Graphics Processing Units (GPGPU). According to Samsung’s vice president of System LSI marketing, Taehoon Kim, “demand for richer graphic experiences is growing rapidly nowadays…in order to meet that demand from both OEMs and end users, we developed this processor which enables superb graphical performance without compromising power consumption.”
Amazon will give you a $1 credit towards an MP3 purchase if you “buy” a free app through their website between now and June 13th. Not a bad deal, here are the details:
- Purchase at least one qualifying free app offered in the Amazon.com Appstore for Android in the webstore or on an Android device. The apps that qualify are apps for Android offered in the Amazon.com Appstore for Android that display the offer message on their webstore product information pages. Qualifying apps will not display promotional messaging on their Android on-device product information pages.
- After completing your purchase, you will receive an e-mail indicating that a $1 credit for Amazon MP3 music downloads has been applied to your account automatically. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem your credit.
- Promotional offer limited to one promotional credit per customer.
- Promotional offer is valid from June 6, 2012, through June 13, 2012, and subject to change. You must redeem the credit by July 31, 2012.
If you’re already using Amazon’s Appstore this is a no-brainer. If you’re not, there’s no better time than now to check it out. Hit the link below to see which apps qualify and claim your free MP3!
It is time for another TalkAndroid giveaway. We are giving away twenty GrooVe IP accounts valued at $4.99 thanks to snrb Labs. This is an awesome app that will allow you to make calls over WiFi from your Android device using Google Voice’s servers directly. You will also need a Google Voice account in order to use this app.
Full list of rules:
- Leave a post in this forum thread. It can be a simple hello or why you love VoIP.
- Additional posts from the same user will be ignored.
- The contest ends 11:59pm eastern on October 23, 2011.
- Winners will be picked at random and contacted via email.
- Comments made to this post will not be counted, you must go to the forum link in rule #1.
- Due to restrictions in the Android Market, in order to continue to get updates for this app you’ll have to have a PayPal account for a refund. Winners will need to purchase the app from the Android Market, after which your PayPal account will be credited by the developer.
Things have really heated up in Australia where recently Apple rejected Samsung’s latest offer to settle the dispute over the Galaxy Tab 10.1. This Thursday, the Australian court will make a ruling which could result in a ban of the tablet.
If that’s not enough, Samsung has set up a temporary store just two doors down from the Sydney Apple store. The iPhone 4S launches this Friday, but Samsung is giving away the Galaxy S II for $2 for the first 10 customers each day through Friday in an effort to cut into Apple’s launch. They are also promoting their new music subscription service called Music Hub.
This war shows no signs of slowing down as Samsung recently filed suit in both France and Italy in an attempt to block the iPhone 4S from launching, but for whatever reason hasn’t filed the same complaint in Australia. I would expect a filing to happen right after this latest judgement comes in.
[via smh and reuters]
What? A free phone!? That’s right, folks. We’ve partnered up with Samsung to give one of our lucky readers a free Verizon Droid charge! The rules are pretty simple:
Who doesn’t want some more storage space in their Android device? More room for pics, movies, music… it all sounds wonderful. But who’s got the extra money to spend? That’s where we come in. We want, nay – need to give away a 16 GB class 4 micro SD card from Mushkin to someone. The tension is killing us! How do you enter? Simple – Head over to our contest thread in the forums, make sure you have a user account, and give us the most hilarious caption you can think of for the picture above.
Remember to keep it clean, but keep it awesome! We’ll PM the winner Sunday night to let everyone know who won! You can always enter more than once, so come up with as much hilariousness as you can!
In celebration of the new 4G service in New York, Sprint and Gowalla are teaming up to give away some 4G phones. Smartphone users who have the Gowalla app installed and check in around Manhattan may be eligible to win one of several Samsung Epic phones. In addition to the phone, Sprint will give the winners 6 months of free service. When you check in, you’ll get a message letting you know if you’ve been entered in the contest.
Gowalla, for those who may not know, is a social networking application akin to Foursquare, allowing users to “check in” at their favorite locations and updating their friends where they’ve been. The Epic is a great phone, and if I were in the NYC area, you can bet that I’d be downloading Gowalla right now. Android users can get the app from the link above, or by scanning the QR code below. Tell us in the comments if you happen to win one!
Do you love TalkAndroid.com? Well, since you’re here, we sure hope you do. But now, the big question – how much do you love us? We want to know how crazy you’re willing to get for us – and, in return, we’ve got some pretty awesome prizes for you.
Here’s how this is going to work. We want you to show us how crazy you are for TalkAndroid. We want you to submit videos or pictures of you doing something to show the world how much you love our site. Put up a huge banner on the side of a building, put flyers on cars, shout it from a rooftop… be as creative as you can! Remember, the more original the idea, the more likely you are to win the first place prize pack. And, of course, keep it legal, and keep it appropriate! Here’s what the winners will receive:
We here at TalkAndroid host a lot of giveaways. We love it, too! Our readers are the best out there, and we like to reward you guys with whatever we can. So, we decided to go ahead and put together a page that keeps you informed on all the contests we have going at any point in time. To check it out for yourself, be sure to hit up http://www.talkandroid.com/talkandroid-contests/ for the full list, and let us know what you think in the comments!