It’s not getting the greatest reviews, but Electronic Arts just released Real Racing 2 in the Android Market. Some users are complaining about support for their phones and others say they can’t download the game data. It’s not even compatible with the Galaxy Nexus. All in all, this one might be worth watching as I am sure EA will provide some timely updates that will make this an exciting racer. It’s a freemium app which means it’s free to try, but you will have to spend some money to unlock the full game. The full game features:
- Test your racing prowess on a 16 car grid against highly skilled AI drivers.
- Select from 30 officially licensed cars including the 2010 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500, 2010 Nissan GT-R (R35), 2012 McLaren MP4-12C, and more!
- Work your way from rookie to pro in a robust Career Mode, offering 10 hours of racing enjoyment. Jump into a Quick Race for instant fun – or race against the clock in Time Trial Mode.
- Race in 15 beautiful locations, with 40 miles of highly detailed race tracks, speedways and city circuits – including twilight and night races.
- Touch or tilt to steer, as you experience state-of-the-art handling with customizable options that tailor to your personal driving style.
- Experience the intensity of head-to-head racing with 5 unique camera angles and breath-taking graphics powered by Firemint’s exclusive high performance Mint3D™ engine.
Download links and trailer video after the break.
Jelly Defense, one of the many great games recently offered in the Android Market 10 cent promo sale, has just received a new season-based update. After you download the update you will get access to new Christmas themed levels and music, new gameplay options and improvements, and added performance enhancements. Take a look at the full changelog as listed in the market:
- Two winter levels for Christmas evenings.
- Challenging endless level.
- New and cozy Christmas tune.
- Increasing the difficulty after finishing the game isn’t mandatory anymore. You can now go back to previous levels.
- Minor performance improvements.
- Minor gameplay adjustments.
- Reindeers & cookies!
Unfortunately, if you haven’t already purchased the game during the sale, the price went back up to the usual $2.99. I haven’t spent much time playing this game, but I do remember the graphics being excellent. Hit the market link below to check it out for yourself and to get the latest update.
Gameloft just released NFL Pro 2012, their newest freemium HD game, in the Android Market and the Gameloft HD Games Shop. In case your aren’t familiar with freemium apps, it means it’s free to get started, but certain extras will cost you or you can unlock them by winning challenges. In this case you will play matches to earn points that you can use to unlock new stadiums, playbooks, stat boosts and more.
NFL Pro 2012 features:
- THE ENTIRE NFL IS HERE With an official NFL and NFL Players License, choose to play and manage any of the 32 NFL teams with over 2,000 real players.
- UNLOCK YOUR FULL POTENTIAL Compete against other teams to earn points for boosting stats, unlocking new stadiums or playbooks, and much more!
- FOOTBALL THE WAY YOU LOVE IT Enjoy stunning graphics and an impressive level of detailed player animations that include running, tackling, celebrating touchdowns and more.
- AN EVEN MORE IMMERSIVE FOOTBALL EXPERIENCE Play through finely tuned gameplay that offers gamers unmatched control when running, tackling or passing.
- NEVER LOSE TOUCH WITH YOUR TEAM Get all the latest and most up-to-date news with a new official NFL RSS feed integrated directly into the game!
Full Press release and download links after the break:
Today’s a great day if you use GetJar Gold. The company has announced a collaborative effort with developer 10tons Ltd. where gamers can get the full version of Joining Hands for free. In case you’re not familiar this is a puzzle-based game. The creatures in game are called Peablins, little forest creatures who wish to make the world a brighter place by joining hands with everyone. You’ll get to see the sweet graphics highlighting the fantasy world of Whispering Woods across no less than 100 levels. If you have GetJar Gold, definitely give the game a shot if you have some time to spare– you won’t regret it.
GetJar Joining Hands link
It wasn’t enough that Spacetime Studios brought us the first MMO in history to allow people to play the same game together on desktop computers, smart phones and tablets. Now they are bring their “biggest update yet” to Star Legends and Pocket Legends. The update is much bigger for Star Legends, but that’s expected since it’s the newer game of the two.
- Biggest update yet
- Level cap raise to 41
- Solve the mystery of the missing Governor of Volaria
- The Galactic Welfare Society is under attack from The Screwj. Can players save the holiday season for aliens and humans alike?
- All new items, levels and adventures including a Bonus Capture-the-Flag map
- Seasonal Quests and battle areas
- New holiday-only loot
- Brand new content and surprises for players
You can also check out this video trailer of the Pocket Legends Winter Festival and download links after the break
If you’re looking for a little “old school” action today, then head over to the Android Market and grab Sonic CD. It’s a complete “enhanced” recreation of one of the most popular Sonic games before going 3D. I know many of our younger readers probably never played it, but it’s always nice to see how us old folks use to play them. It only costs $1.99 so what are you waiting for?
Android Market Link
The future of gaming is here folks and thanks to OnLive, playable cloud games are hitting a tablet and smartphone near you. It’s been in the works for quite some time but looks like beginning today OnLive will finally make the experience available for a number of devices on the market via an Android application. Our friends over at The Verge managed to get a sit down with the OnLive folks in which they provided a demo of the software running on the HTC Flyer and Motorola Xoom as well as an iPad 2. There aren’t a ton of touch games as of yet, however, there were demos of Defense Grid Gold and Split/Second which happened to work very well. Defense Grid Gold is a tower defense game which supports pinch-to-zoom and finger scrolling and Split/Second is a fast-paced arcade style racing game which allows you to use virtual joysticks, sliders and buttons to maneuver. OnLive has been working with some popular names as well to work hard in getting good quality touchscreen games to the market. One such game, L.A. Noire, will implement touchscreen controls as well and will allow you to manipulate criminal evidence with your fingers.
Vector Unit is at it again trying to give gamers an alternative experience to racing games. Fresh off their Riptide GP, Vector Unit has created Shine Runner. Shine Runner is a water-based racing game similar to Riptide GP– with a few (humorous) differences. Visually, the game is gorgeous as it has the same fluid gameplay and clean graphics found here as it was seen in Riptide GP. However, users will be able to race through the muddy waters of the backwoods bayou using a fanboat. You’ll be able to smash and crash through a destructible world filled with rickety swamp shacks, fishin’ boats, chicken coops, gators, and more. You essentially will race against other fanboats and literally hit anything that impedes your way– docks, chickens, etc. Oh there’s more for those of you who want to act on your secret inner criminal. You can buy and sell contraband goods like Moonshine and Tobacky, smuggling them from one colorful locale to the next in a race for maximum profit. Moonshine? Hitting chickens? Smuggling? Sounds like a tootin’ good time I reckon. You can find Shine Runner in the Android Market now for $1.99. Hit the break to see some screenshots, a nice clip, the Android Market link and QR code.
The folks over at Gameloft want you to enjoy a nice version of the popular hit game UNO, on the house of course. Gameloft is now offering a free version of UNO so long as you’re ok with the embedded ads. If not, and you’d rather bypass the ads, there’s always the $2.99 ad-free version which can be found on the Android Market. UNO is a popular card game in which all players need to match colors and numbers until a player is left with one card. You can play in multiplayer match up mode via online pairing or with local players over Wifi and Bluetooth. The app will run both on standard Android smartphones as well as Honeycomb tablets. Hit the break for a few more screen shots and to snag the download links. And don’t forget to let us know what you think in the comments below.
Android gamers have another reason to celebrate. The highly popular Wii game World of Goo is now available for Android devices. How popular is the game? It’s popular enough to garner numerous “Game of the Year” awards. What took so long for the game to be ported to Android is anyone’s guess. But hey, better late than never right?
In case you’re not familiar– the game is built on the premise of using “Goo” to create things. You have to use the “Goo” to create bridges, cannonballs and other tomfoolery in order to complete objectives. Believe me– there are lots of objectives, so the gameplay doesn’t get stale. Hit the break for some screenshots of the game as well as the Market links and QR codes for both the full and demo versions.