Here’s some news to make some Samsung Galaxy Tab owners happy. News just got out that Samsung plans on pushing out the coveted Android 4.0 update for its tablets starting next month and into the month of August. The Galaxy Tab models confirmed to receive the update are:
- GT-P6210 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI
- GT-P6200 Galaxy Tab Plus 7.0 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P6810 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI
- GT-P6800 Galaxy Tab 7.7 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P7310 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI
- GT-P7300 Galaxy Tab 8.9 WIFI + 3G
- GT-P7510 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI
- GT-P7500 Galaxy Tab 10.1 WIFI + 3G
According to an anonymous source, in addition to receiving the usual tidbits found in Ice Cream Sandwich, those Galaxy Tab users will have the pleasure of also looking forward to improved battery life and speed of the devices. Sounds like a good thing is about to get a smidge better folks. Happy days for you Galaxy Tab owners!
Over the weekend we told you that T-Mobile had some devices for a super mega lauch day on November 2nd. Now we have a lot more insight due to a leaked roadmap, plus we have another release the week after.
- Samsung Robin: This is probably the Galaxy Tab Plus which is the replacement for the Galaxy Tab. Pricing will be $299 on contract.
One item to note is they have the dates for the HTC Amaze 4G and Samsung Galaxy S II wrong. We are not sure what the reason is, but the rest of the dates appear to be correct. The Amaze 4G and Galaxy S II will both launch on 10/12/11 which was previously announced.
We have pictures of the new T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus, which is the follow up to the Galaxy Tab. This should not be mistaken for the Galaxy Tab 7.7 that was unveiled a couple of weeks ago at the IFA Conference in Berlin.
This model will have 4G HSPA+, but we aren’t sure if it will support 21 Mbps or the newer 42 Mbps. We are expecting Android 3.2, since it supports smaller tablets, along with the TouchWiz UI.
More pictures after the break