Plenty of people travel during this time of the year. Passing the time with a mobile device has never been easier due to the massive amount of apps and games available. Whether you are riding a train or flying in a plane, there is something for everyone to make travel enjoyable. The beloved Borderlands franchise is making the jump to Android with episodic content that will surely occupy players. Telltale Games released Tales from the Borderlands with the first episode costing $4.99. In the coming months, Telltale Games will release episodes two through five. The Season Pass covering the aforementioned episodes will save buyers 20% compared to those that purchase the episodes individually.
The game has system requirements, so be make sure your device meets them prior to installing Tales from the Borderlands. Android TV devices, such as the Nexus Player, do make the cut and can play the game.
Hit the break for the trailer, gallery, and download links.
Tegra Zone, nVidia’s showcase for Tegra optimized games, will be offering Borderlands 2 and Demolition, Inc. At PDXLAN 19 in Dallas last week, Borderlands developer GearBox Software showed off Borderlands 2 running on a Tegra 3 tablet. Although juicy details for Borderlands 2 are scarce, it is currently scheduled for a release sometime around summer of this year, which could lay the groundwork for the first console-quality game released simultaneously for Android. The original Borderlands was a great game (I’ve only played it on PC) and with the Tegra 3′s PC-class GPU on board, I can only imagine how great BL2 will be once it’s released.
Demolition, Inc. will also be featured on Tegra Zone, an action strategy game where you play the role of a demolition worker. The game is designed to showcase the physics processing capabilities of Tegra devices. The game is scheduled for release sometime in March. Here are some of the features to expect:
- Car and building physics are fully simulated. Everything is destructible and nothing is pre-animated
- Use the endless possibilities of combining your tools and weapons to make devastating chain reactions
- Use your tractor beam to take control of cars, place anti-gravity ramps to maximize damage, use the huge wrecking ball to make way
- Three cities and 15 districts are awaiting to be demolished by you and lead to their true destination!
- Compare your skills with those of your friends and the world-wide steam community
Sound interesting? Sure does. Hit the break for a couple of short preview videos.