One of the primary benefits of the Android Operating System that keeps the true tech-geeks hooked is the the near infinite customisation available. From day one, as soon as you switch your Android device on for the very first time you’re presented with wallpapers, live wallpapers, widgets, icons, folders, menus, custom launchers, all of which you can tinker and tweak until your heart’s content. For the average consumer that’s more than enough to keep them going, but over at XDA Developers, they’re far from average, and like to customize every nook and cranny available… and some that aren’t.
There are thousands of boot animations out there in cyberspace ranging from the dull, carrier branded logos to the mesmerising and colourful Nexus splash variations. So here’s a question, why should you be stuck with whichever boot animation your phone comes pre-loaded with? The answer, you don’t have to be. D4rKn3sSyS from XDA Developers created a Boot Animation Manager tool for Windows that makes the process as easy as pie. Follow the instructions below to get started.
- Ensure your phone has root access
- Fire up any computer running Windows with Java installed
- Download Boot Animation Manager from here
- Connect your phone via USB
- Drag and drop the animation that you’d like to install
- Preview it
- Backup your original boot animation
- Push your chosen animation to you device
- Restart your device and marvel at your new boot animation!
So what are you waiting for folks? Get searching for an animation that floats your boat or perhaps it’s time to get really creative and design your own.
source : XDA