YourCity 3D, from inHause Games, just hit the Google Play Store, and if you’re a fan of live wallpapers you’re going to want to check it out. YourCity 3D gives you an aerial tour of a beautiful computer generated city at night that includes bright lights and moving traffic. The cool thing about it, is that no two cities are the same since it will reset automatically every day. It contains no textures or geometry data as they are procedurally generated and completely random.
You can also add a little customization of your own like building names, scrolling displays, and billboard signs. The building names are LED style and reside at the top of the buildings and scrollable displays are shown across buildings. You can choose as many of these names as you want. As to billboards, you can point the app to whatever folder has the pictures you want included. These settings are available just before setting YourCity 3D as your wallpaper, and they are saved in case you want to change to another wallpaper and revert back to it.
YourCity 3D is very attractive and since it’s dark, it will have minimal battery drain. The only negative I did find was that billboards and building names are sometimes not all that viewable on phones, but it’s really not the focal point anyway. It’s the city itself and the aerial views, which will give your phone or tablet a really nice look. inHause did say they are going to make some changes that could improve this issue, but I still think it’s worthy of an install and it’s my go to live wallpaper right now. It’s $1.49 so give it a try. Check out the quick demo video below and hit one of the download links to get started. As always, let me know what you think.
Full list of features
- Contains no textures or geometry data.
- All textures and geometry are procedurally generated and completely random.
- No two cities are the same.
- City automatically resets daily, so you’ll have a different city every day.
- Simulated traffic and traffic lights.
- Decorate your city with animated billboards that are built from pictures and photos on your device.
- Set your scrolling text displays to show anything of your choosing.
- Name your buildings.
- Full 3D hardware acceleration. Supports OpenGL ES 2.0 / 1.1.
- Optimized for low memory usage and little to no impact on system performance.
- Supports all Android devices with Android 2.2 and up.
- Inspired by PixelCity by Shamus Young.
- Built on LibGDX by Badlogic Games.