The Google+ app has been updated, and with a few improvements that most of us have been not so patiently waiting for. If you are a regular user of Google+ like I am you’ll find this a welcome update. There are a number of enhancements in this latest version of the G+ app that I personally have been fairly vocal about in various initial posts, replies to post, and feedback sent from the application. Occasionally, these thoughts have even been directed to the Lead Product Manager of Google+ Games and Mobile, Punit Soni. As a Google employee he is quite active on Google+, and has even on occasion responded to requests, questions and suggestions from the Google fans. All of which are always much appreciated by us as avid Google+ users.
Now to the recent changes to Google+:
- Improved notifications reliability (definitely needed from the start)
- “_add to circle” notifications shown in bulk
- Share stream posts to individual people (this is huge, and has been requested for a very long time)
- Clicking a +mention takes you to the person’s profile (also has been on my list of wanted features)
- +mentions now autofill from your Circles (awesome!)
- Stream no longer resets to top when screen is rotated (this used to annoy the heck out of me)
- Nearby accuracy
- Start a 1:1 huddle from a person’s profile or a group huddle from a circle profile
- Hide 1:1 huddles
- Clickable links in huddles
- Improved autocomplete when adding a person to a huddle
If you haven’t yet, go directly to your Android Market app and update your copy of Google+. Otherwise if you don’t yet have the app hit the source link or QR code below and get it!
Now, if you don’t even have a Google+ account yet, head over to the Google+ Invite thread in the TalkAndroid forums and leave your email *or* you can send me a private message and I’ll get an invite sent out to you ASAP.