The fellows over at Thisismynext happened to get their hands on a scoop that just couldn’t wait until morning. Have you seen our recent open box and review of AT&T’s Samsung Infuse 4G? What a mega device this one is going to be! Did you T-Mo folk say to yourself “c’mon, why can’t we have a phone like that?” Yeah, I know, I did too. Well, here’s a little glimpse of hope for you. It’s possible, thanks to a leaked road map from T-Mobile, that Magenta could be receiving their very own 4.5-inch Samsung monster too, dubbed the Samsung Hercules. There’s still a big gap between now and September but as of now, it looks like these are the unpolished specs:
- 4.5″ 480 x 800 Super AMOLED Plus display
- Android 2.3
- NFC Support
- 42Mbps HSPA+ capable (category 24 HSDPA and category 6 HSUPA)
- AWS plus 850/1900 MHz…they claim support for AT&T’s 4G will be here if the merger succeeds which interesting considering this phone is scheduled for August and the deal won’t close till next year?
- Preliminary measurements of 5.16 x 2.76 x 0.37 inches, resembles the AT&T Infuse 4G
- 16GB internal ROM, 1GB internal RAM, expandable microSD memory up to 32GB
- Qualcomm 1.2GHz dual-core APQ8060 processor??
- 8 megapixel camera with 1080p video capture and front facing camera for video chat
- Micro USB transfer for HDMI
If these specs don’t impress you, nothing will. But I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking “dang, I’ve got my eyes on the HTC Sensation 4G coming on June 8th!” This is how it is in the mobile tech world folks. Unfortunately, for those tied down to a two year contract (three in other countries), you’ll have to pick your devices wisely because the next big thing is literally around the corner.
[via thisismynext by tmonews]