The Android 2.0.1 is an update that was sent out to all Droid users in December. Although some of the updated features may not be completely obvious, they still change the overall function of the Motorola Droid phone, ultimately making it better.
The new features for the Droid Phone include:
- The three way calling experience has been significantly enhanced for those who want to talk to more than just one friend at a time. This is an important feature, since the three-way option seems to have been forgotten.
- A speakerphone option when using call the call waiting feature has been added, making answering the phone easier. This is also important. The Android 2.0.1 update seems to have made all of the little things easier, with little to no hassle.
- The GPS has been improved.
- An enhanced Blue tooth experience. There is no more static or echoes. In addition, the contact transferring between the Blue tooth headset and the phone itself has been improved. For those who love using the Blue tooth feature, this will definitely make them happier and less frustrated. Blue tooth is hard enough to figure out without adding the hassle of transferring contacts.
- You can now use seven digit numbers when you are using the SMS feature, MMS, and the Google contact-merging feature.
- The corporate calendar widget has been updated.
- The Verizon Visual Voice Mail will be received quicker. In a time where there is no time to wait for voice mail messages, this is greatly appreciated.
- The camera has also been improved, with a faster down time in between the shots. In addition, the auto focus feature acts faster.
A Closer Look of the Android 2.0.1 Update
These updates are not all that is included in the Android 2.0.1 update. The look of the Droid phone has been refreshed. With changes to the lock screen and system widgets, the look of the phone is more sleek and advanced. The performance of the phone has been enhanced as well. In addition to the changes to the GPS and Blue tooth experience, the camera performance, voice reception, and battery life has been enhanced.
- The lock screen now has two different buttons. There is a button for unlocking the phone and a button for changing the ringer setting. If you have customized your lock screen, that will look different as well. The fonts have been changed, as well as the placement of the contents on the screen.
- The system widgets no longer have a drab gray look about them. That has been replaced with a sleek, black look, making your phone look more technologically advanced. Indeed, with the new Android 2.0.1 update, it is more advanced.
- For those having problems with voice reception, it has been significantly improved so you will have fewer problems. Who does not enjoy significantly better reception?
- The battery life has been increased for those who cannot live without their new Droid phone.
This new update has once again proved the makers of the Droid phone capable of listening to the complaints of their users. Even the little things have made life with the Droid phone much more easier. Everyone loves a long battery life, and the updates for the camera phone have added to the amusement of memories. In addition to better performance, the look has been completely changed. It looks better, more advanced, and it has made its format easier to use. In this world based on technology, the Android 2.0.1 update has left very little room for improvement.