Are you looking to connect to your corporation or institution’s VPN connection on your Google Nexus One mobile phone? The Nexus One is capable of accessing VPN connections, but first you must follow a few simple and easy configuration steps. This article will take you through the motions, and in no time, you will be accessing VPN connections on your Google Nexus One mobile phone.
What is a VPN connection?
A virtual private network, or VPN, allows access to a secured local network without actually being inside the network. VPN connections are used when corporations or institutions wish to offer access to their network to users who are operating offsite or on a wireless network.
How to Configure a VPN Connection on the Google Nexus One Mobile Phone
Add a VPN Connection to the Nexus One
- First, you will need to press the “Home” and “Menu” keys, and then open the “Settings” application.
- Under “Wireless Controls,” open “VPN Settings.”
- Under “Add VPN,” select the kind of VPN you would like to add to your Nexus One mobile phone.
- Now, you’ll need to adhere to the instructions offered by your network administrator as to configure your network’s particular VPN settings.
- You’re done! Save your settings by pressing “Menu” and then push “Save.”
Connect to a VPN Connection on the Nexus One
- Now that you’ve already added the VPN connection, you can easily connect to it. First, in the “Settings” application, hit “Wireless Controls” and then “VPN Settings.” On this page, you will see the VPN connection you already configured to your Nexus One.
- Now, press the VPN connection you would like to access.
- At this point, you will be asked to provide credentials (like a username and password, if needed) before connecting to the VPN.
- Press “Connect.”
- You’re done! You’re finally connected to your VPN. While your Nexus One is connected to the VPN, you will receive continuous connection updates in your Nexus One’s Status bar.
Disconnect from a VPN Connection on the Nexus One
- When you’re done and would like to disconnect your Nexus One from the VPN, just open the “Notifications” panel and press the VPN connection you wish to disconnect from.
- Then, select “Disconnect” from the menu. Now, your Nexus One should no longer be connect to the VPN.