It’s gotten beyond ridiculous that the Sprint Nexus S 4G hasn’t received the Ice Cream Sandwich update. We know it’s getting close because an official build leaked. This is version IMM76D and is not only an official build, but it’s also supposedly the final build that will soon be released via over-the-air for all Nexus S 4G owners. If you can’t wait for the update, then hit the break and follow the instructions.
**Warning: this install will wipe your data. Please make sure you have everything you need backed up**
- Download and unzip IMM76Drelease-keys.zip from one of these three locations: Option 1 | Option 2 | Option 3
- Install the NS4G drivers
- Download and unzip Odin v1.85
- Open “Odin3_v1.85.exe”
- Power off your Nexus S 4G
- Put the Nexus S 4G into “Download Mode” by holding both Volume Up and Down then simply press the Power Button
- Connect the Nexus S 4G to your computer. Ensure Odin recognizes it. You should see “0:[COM#]” fill in the first box.
- Click “BOOTLOADER” and select “SPH-D720_IMM76D_KE1_BOOTLOAD_signed.tar”
- Click “PDA” and select “SPH-D720_IMM76D_PDA_signed.tar”
- Click “PHONE” and select “SPH-D720_IMM76D_LC1_Modem_signed.tar”
- Click “Start”
- The NS4G will reboot and you can start to enjoy Android 4.0.4