Sprint is going to be the first U.S. Carrier to launch the Samsung Galaxy S II, dubbed the Epic 4G Touch. We originally thought the release would be September 9th, but we will have to wait an extra week. It is interesting because the latest press shot pictured above still shows 09/09.
So beginning September 16th, you will be able to grab this 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus beast for $199.99 with a 2-year contract. You can pre-order one now with the purchase of a $50 Sprint Gift Card.
Key features include:
- 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen
- Samsung Exynos™ 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Dual cameras: 8MP, rear-facing camera/camcorder with auto-focus and flash that shoots video in 1080p HD high profile and 2MP, front-facing camera ideal for self-portraits or video chat
- 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capable, supporting up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices on the Sprint 3G or 4G network
- Voice Talk by Vlingo™ allows users to give their Epic 4G Touch voice commands, including voice dial, text message, navigation, music, Web browsing and search
- Task Manager enables users to view and close the applications they have active and any items that may have been downloaded and to check on memory usage via the Task Manager widget
- Screen grab feature allows users to easily take a screen capture of the phone screen by pressing the power button and the home key simultaneously
- Samsung’s TouchWiz user interface provides superior multitasking and customization for an enhanced visual and intuitive smartphone experience
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/a capable
- Visual Voicemail
- Enterprise functionality provides support for exchange device management policies, offers increased security of data and services and enables mobile conferencing while on the go
- microSD card slot that supports up to a 32GB memory card
- Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Technology 3.0
- Access to more than 250,000 apps through Android Market™
Full press release after the break:
Just hours before the big event in New York City, the Samsung Epic 4G Touch showed up on Samsung’s Mobile Product site. There is a really big surprise as it will come with a 4.52-inch screen. Nobody saw that one coming.
The rest of the listed specs are of no surprise which include a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, Super AMOLED plus display, ultra- thin design, and 4G network speeds. They also refer to TouchWiz as an “Advanced Android Experience.”
Stay tuned for more info as TalkAndroid will be at the event.
The LG Thrill 4G has already seen one name change and 3 different launch dates since it was first announced as the LG Optimus 3D back in February. First up was the name change from the Optimus 3D to the LG Thrill 4G, then an initial launch date was given of August 7th, followed by a launch delay until August 21st, followed by the last delay that pushed it back until September 4th. Well, according to AT&T, there should not be any other delays as they have now confirmed the launch date of September 4th via Twitter.
Hopefully this is the “final” confirmation we have been waiting for and we can circle September 4th on our calendar as the day we can get our hands on LG/AT&T’s latest offering.
Of course, if the date changes again, you’ll be the first to know!
In early August we showed you a Verizon MAP list that showed a LG VS920 which we believe will be the Revolution 2. The original Revolution has a model of VS910 so it makes sense. The VS920 just passed through the FCC, and the good news is that it will not only support CDMA and LTE, but GSM as well.
We also heard that the VS920 could have a 4.5-inch 720p screen. As of right now, the rumored launch is October 20th, which seems right on the mark with this FCC passing.
It looks like the Samsung Mesmerize is officially on the clock for receiving the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update.
Owners of the Mesmerize, US Cellular’s version of the Samsung Galaxy S, had to wait a few months between the Froyo announcement (Android 2.2) and the actual download so hopefully the wait won’t be as long this time around.
Like with Froyo, the latest update on Gingerbread comes courtesy of the U.S. Cellular Facebook Team.
We don’t have an official release date yet but you’ll be the first to know when we do!
It’s starting to feel like a Bionic type of weekend around here. Following news of a DROID Bionic image leak, a COSTCO accessory bundle deal, video of the Bionic’s new MotoBlur, and a curious piece about a DROID Bionic page that appeared…and then disappeared…from the Motorola store, we now bring you news that a Webtop Adapter has been added to the DROID Bionic accessory lineup.
The Webtop Adapter as described by Motorola:
- Quickly create, edit, or share PowerPoint presentations, photos or videos wherever a monitor or HDTV is available.
- Imagine how handy it could be to give a presentation or collaborate with others in a meeting. Adjustments can be made on the spot using a wireless keyboard and mouse.
- Simply connect the phone and the adapter to an HDTV or monitor via HDMI cable and it’s ready to go!
The price is not known at this time, but is supposedly going to be affordable.
Will HTC and AT&T give us another “Holiday” to celebrate this fall? One can only hope so based off of the latest details available on this beautiful phone.
The HTC Holiday is looking like it is being timed for a fall release and may very well be one of the first handsets to launch in AT&T’s LTE markets. The specifications of the HTC Holiday are quite impressive in their own right:
- 4.5-inch qHD touchpanel
- 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB of memory
- 8 MP rear camera (with flash)
- 1.3 MP front camera
- 802.11b/g/n WiFi
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Android 2.3.4
- HTC Sense 3.0
Unless you are lucky enough to find one for sale on Craigslist, the HTC Holiday looks as though it will be available for the rest of us as part of AT&T’s fall lineup of smartphones. With killer specs and 4G LTE, HTC and AT&T might be giving us an extra Holiday to celebrate this year after all!
Hit the break for more images.
If you shop at Costco and are looking for your next Verizon phone, pay close attention to this screaming deal. When the Bionic releases on September 8th, Costco will be offering the Droid Bionic at $299 including an accessory bonus pack. For the same price as you’ll find the Bionic at Verizon, you’ll also get a Standard Dock, Vehicle Navigation Dock, and a battery dock with an extra battery. Did anyone else just yell “YES!”? The Droid Forums posted the flier seen above and it’s mentioned that Costco will be getting their displays on September 8th, and the phone soon after. Get your Costco membership cards ready to grab this killer deal.
[via dl, df]
News that the Samsung Galaxy W will be launching on the British Three network in September comes only days after a video was posted showing a sneak-peak at the beautiful device.
Specs on the Galaxy W include a 3.7-inch (800 x 400) TFT LCD screen, 1.3GHz processor, 5MP camera, 14.4Mbps HSDPA, Bluetooth 2.1, WiFi, 1500mAh battery, and Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
The Samsung W is scheduled to be showcased at the IFA in Berlin next week along with the other classes in the Galaxy line.
If you have been waiting for the right deal on the HTC Flyer, then take a look at Best Buy. They are running it for £329, which is down from the usual £479. They are including the magic pen, and the deal ends on September 21st.
[via best buy uk]