Starting today, residents in China can pick up Samsung’s latest mid-range smartphone, the Galaxy A5, from its official website for a rather hefty CNY 2,599 (approximately $420). The handset is available in a variety of colors, including black, white, silver, blue and gold.
If you’re a Google Chromecast user, I’m pretty sure you’ll be pleased to hear that Comedy Central, Sesame Street Go, Nickelodeon, TuneIn and EPIX, have updated their Android applications to include support for the Wi-Fi streaming dongle.
It’s week of 4 of the 9 week “Hot Deals” promotion from HTC. This week they are offering a free suction mount and bar mount with the purchase of the RE Camera. The RE Camera goes for $199, and the free accessories are valued at $44.98.
The sale kicks off at 12:00 pm ET / 9:00 am PT, and will run until 12:00 am ET / 9:00 pm PT tonight or until inventory runs dry. Hit the source link to get your order in.
source: HTC Hot Deals
Motorola’s popular Moto X is receiving the Android 5.0 update today on the Verizon network.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Must have previous experience writing for other blogs, school newspapers, or something similar.
- Must be able to contribute to the news on a regular basis.
- Regularly write guides, reviews, or opinions
- Be proficient in the English language. Non-US residents are welcome to apply, as long as you have a firm grasp of the language.
- Experience with WordPress is a major plus.
- We will accept writers from anywhere in the world, but we’re primarily looking for writers in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. Please let us know where you’re located in your application.
- Interested candidates should Contact Us with NEWS AUTHOR in the subject line. Please include your full name, short bio of yourself & experience (or link to your resume), and we will contact you with further instructions.
Editor In Chief
If you own a Nexus Player or the ADT-1 developer unit, you already know that the Play Store is available to you for downloading apps. Since it’s still early in the game, there are a little over a handful of apps, other than games. We reported last week, that developers have to submit their Android TV apps to Google for approval, but even after approval, only certain apps will actually appear in the Android TV version of the Play Store.
Following its successful rollout in Poland, LG has today announced that it’s planning to start pushing out the much-anticipated, eagerly awaited Android 5.0 Lollipop update to all models of the G3 located in South Korea and is expected to hit the three major carriers as soon as next week.
T-Mobile is pushing out an update to all its carrier-branded variants of the Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 located in the US. Weighing in at a hefty 128MB, this upgrade doesn’t bring much in terms of added functionality, but it does include Chinese language support, as well as a handful of bug fixes, stability improvements and speed optimizations.
Hit the break to view the full changelog for the “mandatory” update.
As from today, residents in the United States can pick up the Motorola Droid Turbo in a rich new navy blue colorway exclusively from Best Buy. This handset is the most recent addition to the Droid lineup of smartphones and can be yours on any of Verizon’s flexible 2-year tariffs for $199.99.
Google’s new Material Design look for apps is a big step up from what we’ve previously seen, so many developers want to try to implement that bright and bold three-dimensional look on their applications. Fortunately, they can do that thanks to a ported library of assets from Google that developers can ship with their apps, so even older versions of Android get to enjoy Material Design aesthetics.