The new comScore numbers are out and the more things change, the more they stay the same. Android and iOS dominated while Microsoft and RIM struggled. What’s more interesting, though, is that for the first time in history, over half of all smartphones owned in the U.S. run Android. Over half. That’s a majority.
Last November, Android stood at 46.9%, and grew 3.2% to a total of 50.1% in February. In comparison, Apple grew 1.5% to a total of 30.2% of the U.S. market share over the same period. This suggests that Android phones significantly outsold iPhones, contradicting a previous study by a different research firm.