Rovio has rolled out an update to their Angry Birds Star Star Wars II title adding some characters, new telepods and reward levels. To get the new characters though, you will first have to melt a frozen carbonite pack. Sadly, melting the carbonite will not melt poor Han Solo as his character remains frozen in the substance.
Warner Brothers invites you to come and get a new game they have released to accompany the upcoming theatrical release of 300: Rise of an Empire. In 300: Seize Your Glory you will help Greek general Themistokles battle on the sea against the invading Persian navy led by Artemisia. The game is a bit on the basic side as far as features go. It does include the ability to link to Facebook to share your success with the leaderboard. In battle, you basically move around and slash your way through the enemy forces with your sword, although you can pull off some combo moves using your shield as well. Initially four battles are included, although all but the first are locked. If you want to check out 300: Seize Your Glory, you can grab it from the Google Play store using one of the download links below the screenshot gallery after the break. It does require Android 4.0 or higher and the initial download clocks in at 46MB.
OUYA, the little Android gaming console that could, has finally seen its first hardware update. The gaming console now has 16GB of memory and a slightly new feel. Rather than being silver like its 8GB predecessor, the matte black finish is present on both the actual console and the refined controller. Lag time from the controller has been decreased and the buttons and analog sticks have been improved. This likely means that they are tighter and more ‘clicky.’ Also, WiFi connectivity has been enhanced.
This new 16GB model is available now from the OUYA’s official store, Amazon, and Amazon.ca for $129 and it will be shipping with the latest firmware. The 8GB model will stick around, priced at $99; however, Amazon.ca is selling it for $69.99 at this time. Hit the link below to order yours from directly from the source.
Sony released an update to their PlayStation App, a companion to their PlayStation gaming consoles. With the update, Sony added a new feature called “Live from PlayStation” which gives users the ability to stream live content to their mobile devices. Instead of building in live video streaming directly into the app, Sony opted instead to use providers like Twich.tv and Ustream. When a user selects a stream to view, the appropriate app will be launched.
If Jetpack Joyride is your kind of mobile game, then here is another that may be appealing. Marvel Run Jump Smash! is an endless running game that puts Marvel’s heroes in your hands. Included are the usual bunch — Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man and Black Widow. Each has their own special abilities and special attack to utilize as you climb through levels. Unlike Jetpack Joyride, Marvel Run Jump Smash! costs some money ($0.99).
Hit the break for a gallery and download links.
The popular mobile game, Dead Trigger 2, has an update that adds tons of new content and changes some of the rules of engagement. Among the changes are nine new environments, new weapons, and the ability to create a list of friends to compete with.
The full list of features:
- New Weapons: Get your hands on 3 new weapons – FN2000, Spagin and the mighty Minigun!
- Friends: Make a list of friends in Dead Trigger 2! Compare your stats, hype your friends up, or have a chat in between zombie destruction!
- New Warfare: Infection is an equal opportunity employer… So let’s get to work! Death knows no boundaries. It’s high time to fight for humanity in Europe!
- Environments: Resistance intel has revealed 9 new environments! Fight your way through the city streets, countryside, warehouses, factories and many more!
- Auto-heal: Bored of classic Bandages? The new Auto-heal gadget will keep you in shape all the time.
- Permanent Money Booster: Get this booster and double your mission income. For how long? FOREVER!
- New Production: Resistance now allows you to upgrade your Hideout up to level 9.
- Warfare Tweaks: From now on, rewards are awarded in relation to score, not kills. So go set your sights for some new and difficult tasks!
You can download the updated version via the link past the break.
Nvidia’s TegraZone app previously only made sense for Tegra-powered devices, but today’s update opens the app up for all Android users. Not all of the games within the app may be compatible, but you can now at least download the app to check. In addition, the app’s UI has been slightly tweaked to add filter controls, and the ability to restrict your list to only show games with controller support, which is useful for Shield owners. The full list of changes:
- Supports Google Play Game Services – achievements for downloading games, submitting reviews/ratings, and spreading the word about TegraZone games
- Uses Google+ login to personalize your TegraZone experience
- TegraZone Collections will allow highlighting of special interest groups of games by feature, genre, or publisher
- Support for NVIDIA SHIELD and MadCatz MOJO
- Enabled for users of non-Tegra devices so they can learn about Tegra and great Android games
- Minor bug fixes
You can find a download link past the break.
Google has released five mini-games for Google Glass devices to help inspire developer’s to think about gaming with the devices. The titles are all rather simplistic and harken back to the early days of video gaming with basic graphics and game play. They do showcase how Glass can be used to involve a user in the gameplay experience. With time, developers should be able to greatly improve gaming with Google Glass, especially if the major gaming studios tie them in to titles on the major gaming platforms to provide an additional screen of information.
If you purchased a Sony Xperia Z1 after January 13, you’re now eligible to receive a free one-year subscription of PlayStation Plus. The service offers free games each month to owners of the PlayStation 3 and 4, and PS Vita. The games stay free for as long as your subscription lasts.
The promotion ends on February 12, so if you haven’t bought an Xperia Z1 yet, you still have time. The last day you can claim the subscription is March 5.
Square Enix has released their classic RPG, Final Fantasy VI, onto the Play Store. It’ll cost you $15.99 which is definitely more than the latest version of Angry Birds, but it’s packed with a lot more content, too.
Square has reworked the graphics to give them a more modern feel, and the controls have been altered to work on touchscreen devices. Overall, if you’re a fan of Final Fantasy games, this one’s definitely worth the price of admission. Hit the link below for the download.