Thanks to an XDA forum member by the name of stefanuc111, you are able to send files wirelessly via Wi-Fi to other devices that are connected to the same network with his app called IPCast. As per the dev, “IPCast allows you to send, receive and stream content, without need cables, in a simple and easy way. IPCast operates through any Wi-Fi network and between any device that has a browser installed. In fact it does not require any client installation.” Here’s a small list of what IPCast can do:
- Send and receive any file.
- Send your installed apps.
- Display photo in the browser.
- Stream music and video in the browser.
- SoundBeam: To synchronize playback between devices. (Supported by Chrome Beta, Firefox, Opera).
- Create queues with video and audio file.
The app is also integrated into Android’s share functionality so it’s easy to transfer files even with Android native Gallery application. If you wish to check this app out, a download link and QR code will be available after the break!