Originally Posted by qnv
in the MyPhoneExplorer, how do you get the Notes and Tasks to sync? i'm trying to find my way around the software and the GUI for the MyPhoneExplorer only allows you to set settings for phone and organizer (calendar), and text messages. but there are no section for Notes and Tasks. which version did you use? i used 1.8.1.
thanks so much for telling us about this software. i'm grateful that i can look on the big screen instead of having to deal with the my phone's screen
Sorry for the slow response, I am just getting caught up from a blissfully tech-free Christmas holiday season.
Are you using the current version (1.8.2) downloaded from www.fjsoft.at
On the desktop GUI click on File => Settings.
In the Settings window:
(1) click on 'Conection' and make your desired choices
(2) click on 'Startup' and make your desired choices
(3) click on 'Sync' and select your PIM program for Contacts, Calendar and Notes.
(4) Click on 'Advanced ..." for 'Calendar' and make sure the checkboxes for both 'Sync events' and 'Sync tasks' are selected. Select the sync to folder for both events (that is your Outlook calendar folder) and tasks (that is your Outlook tasks folder).
(5) Click on 'Advanced ..." for 'Notes' and make sure the checkboxes for both 'Sync events' and 'Sync tasks' are selected. Select the sync to folder for both events (that is your Outlook calendar folder) and tasks (that is your Outlook tasks folder).
Now click on "Extras" then "Start multisync". Everyting should sync. In the GUI under "Organizer" there should be 3 entries: (1) Calendar, (2) Notes and (3) Alarms. Click on Calendar and you will see your tasks listed in the lower right-hand quadrant of the GUI. Click on Notes and your notes will be listed.
In the Apps listing on your phone look for 'MPE Tasks' and 'MPE Notes'. You will find your synced notes and tasks there.
It is too bad that there is no manual for MPE. If there was it would move from being a very good app to an excellent app. There is a lot of help in the forum on the developer's website. But, like most forums, it is not easy to find what you are looking for.